• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Gates

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Scamp's decided he can jump his baby gate (vid to follow), it's a standard lindam one from argos. So anyone recommend an extra tall gate? Narrow bar spacing would be good as he can walk through this one so it has to be covered :roll:

I could do with one with smaller bars, Beatrix has had her head through hers and one of the other buns has ripped some of her fur off her head :lol:, but she sticks her head right through and she has proper shark eyes while she is stood there so I don't blame whoever did it to be honest.

You can get ones that are made for dogs which are taller....I have one but I can't remember the make I'm afraid. I would imagine a wildie could get through the bars though (even though they are thinner than normal) so you would probably need a mesh attachment at the bottom.

He's driving me crazy! He pops out as soon as I put him back ... it's meant to be nap time! I can't leave him alone cos he needs constant supervision when out so he doesn't eat/jump/climb something/where he shouldn't :lol:

He's driving me crazy! He pops out as soon as I put him back ... it's meant to be nap time! I can't leave him alone cos he needs constant supervision when out so he doesn't eat/jump/climb something/where he shouldn't :lol:

This is exactly why I cannot wait for Spring so Juno & husbun can move outside! :lol:

Yep, if it was a bit warmer (and he hadn't chewed through the outside bunny proofing which I haven't redone yet) I'd throw him outside for the day :lol:

I putting some of mine out today, although they have only ben in a couple of weeks, I need my house back :lol:

There was a 90cm baby one with an alarm - don't want to warn him when the gate is open :shock:

Then the doggy one is 108cm

... the little toad just walked in again I thought he'd given up and gone to bed :roll:

We have 2 of the tall dog gates here from Argos and they are great, but be warned the larger buns can and do jump them:shock: Caught one the other week auditioning for the circus by trying to walk along the top:roll:

Scamp's decided he can jump his baby gate (vid to follow), it's a standard lindam one from argos. So anyone recommend an extra tall gate? Narrow bar spacing would be good as he can walk through this one so it has to be covered :roll:

I got one off Freecycle, its a Lindam one that comes up to my chest. I covered the gaps with mesh and cable ties.

You could have cable tied bamboo poles to the excisting gate to make it taller. Just a trick i used to use when i had to had a gate for the dog :)

Back