• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little things that make it all worth while

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
As you know a lot of the time we have really sick bunnies and it can be very stressful. Sometimes we feel more like a hospice than a sanctuary and we do start to wonder why we are putting ourselves through it. But then we have weeks like the last couple and you realise it is the most fantastic thing in the world and that we are very lucky to be in a position to make a difference to some wonderful bunnies.

These may seem like little things but to the bunnies involved they are huge steps :D:love:

Bunny Bundy has developed in to a confident, binky bunny that pulls the funniest faces :love::love:

Bessie, his blind deaf partner has started to destroy willow toys. I expect in her past 5 years she has never had a toy. In recent days she has also started binkying without a care. Means she is bumping into furniture but she isn't phased by anything. :love:

Despite everything she is going through Nessa dashes round the house every evening, binkying, chinning and telescoping on her way :love:

Eddie and Elwood's bond has developed and they are now inseperable, licking each other and sleeping together. Something they never did before.

Eddie has literally come on in leaps and bounds this week, why the change I really don't know, but it is fantastic. He has started running around at high speeds with binkys mixed in. One minute he will be walking along and the next pop vertically in the air and carry on walking again, very strange. Yesterday he also learnt to jump on the sofa by himself, normally he comes over to ask and I lift him up.

Fidget has now been successfully bonded to Dumpling, which is again fantastic. The change in Dumpling is remarkable. When she was out and about she was normally sat hunched in a corner looking fed up but now she has fidget she is never still. For an older bunny with lots of health issues she is certainly one lively lady :love::love:

I spend so much time asking for vibes and "talking" about poorly bunnies that I just had to share the happy times too. I love my bunnies and seeing them improve however small a step it is puts such a huge smile on my face :D

Can't commend you highly enough, and I am so glad your bunnies are giving you so many small pleasures.

There's nothing like a binkying rabbit to bring a smile.

Bit like having children really..... Hard work, but the little things make it worthwhile. Shall have to teach the kids how to binky!

Well done. :D

Thank you but none of this is down to me, I just feed them, give them their meds and keep them clean. I certainly can't teach them how to binky or play that is completely down to them. That is what makes them so amazing and gives me so much pleasure :love::love:

Sounds fantastic - I'm so glad the bunnies are able to show you how happy they are to be there with you!
:)
And there's nothing like a crazy binky to put a smile on your face (especially the one's where even the bunny looks a bit surprised after!:lol:)

2.gif
What a lovely , positive post! Thanks for sharing your happy vibe!!!:D
2.gif

Thank you but none of this is down to me, I just feed them, give them their meds and keep them clean. I certainly can't teach them how to binky or play that is completely down to them. That is what makes them so amazing and gives me so much pleasure :love::love:

That's not true, it is because of you they get the care and attention they need, and this allows them to develop in health, fitness and confidence. If they didn't have you both caring for them, many would still be unhappy, poorly buns.

Thats great, i like nice happy stories.

I was amazed when my boy done a binky after EC and also with having a head tilt. It made me feel great, so i can only imagine how good you feel to see all your buns jumping about.

Well done (and it is down to you that the bunsters are happy!)

I literally just nodded of while I was waiting for this to load.

It is lways the little things isn't it. You give so much to them, but they give back so much when the are well enough to.

Awww thats brilliant Liz, i remember the feeling when Lionel did his first 3 legged binky he went sideways into the wall but he did it anyway! :love:

Awww what a lovely post:D:D:D you may not have shown them HOW to binky or play but it just shows that with your love and care what happy confident bunnies they've become.Well done!!:love::love:

What great news that they're all doing so well :D:D:D

I'm really happy for Elwood and Eddie - I remember reading one of your posts a while ago when Elwood was trying his luck with getting cats to groom him! So wonderful that he's found bunny companionship instead.

Liz that's so lovely :D I don't know how you do what you do to be honest, because I find it such an emotional rollercoaster with our brood, who touch wood are all healthy at the moment :D As you know we lost Jemima & Benjie within 3 weeks of each other & we were devasted - I admire you & Steve so much because of all the elderly & sick bunnies you help.

It's down to you 2 that they are able to be happy enough to be able to do binkies & enjoy life :D:D:D

Back