• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits pick up your emotions?

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I'm just curious as to whether they may be affected by how their owners feel.

I've had a really rough time lately and the other morning I was literally crying my eyes out whilst doing the rabbits. Smokey was fine but Inky refused to eat very much and seemed quiet. Later my mum fed them and he was fine and has been since. Incidentally, my mood has also improved.

I know I now sound mad but do you think there could be anything in it?

i actually belive they do, im in the middle of moving and biggles is deffiantly makeing himself known as hes normaly a laid back quiet bun, hes been through this before,
docs quite sensitive too and gets very cuddlely if im blue,

yep i was feeling really ill one day and brought ted in to keep me company in bed and she lay on my legs for 1 hour and wouldn't leave my side which isn't like her. i think they do pick up, it's really sweet. :love:

absolutely positive! When im upset about something, Jess will come over and lick me and snuggle up against me and he's definitely not a snuggly bunny!

Also, me and Stephen dont argue in front of the rabbits anymore. If we have a disagreement we'll move somewhere else. The rabbits just kind of stop and stare at us. And then grow really quiet. I think they can sense an 'atmosphere' rather than emotions.

We dont argue that much though. Just thought id say!

When I'm upset, Charlie just sits on the bed with me and lets me stroke him and hug him till I calm down, so yeah I'd say they can. He's normally quite hyper and doesn't cuddle for long.

I think so, when I felt really rubbish with the flu, deej came to sit with me every day (even more than usual) he seemed to be around checking I was OK!

I think they do, Eclipse is more tolerent of cuddles when Im sad :) And Jazz likes the taste of tears :love: Gizmo..well he's Gizmo :lol:

Thank you for the replies, I'm glad that I'm not the only one!

I'm not at work this week and the rabbits both seem more settled, I guess because I'm more relaxed.

Back