• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think it's warm enough?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Well the last few weeks have gone a bit :censored: up for me and I have 12 of my rabbits stopping in over night (yep that is 12 of my 14 own rabbits :shock:)

Zippy was sick before Christmas so she has been in with Scooby, then Bramble had been sick twice (first time three weeks ago), I put her out with her friends and forgot to mark her which meant I had to bring in Thistle and Thumper in over nights because I couldn't work out which one was Bramble. They come in at night and go back out first thing.

Now Kovu is in (as he nearly died last week), now because him and George lived with Zippy and Scooby, George has had to come in too, as he can't stop out alone. Nice thing though is that group is back together (Zippy, Scooby, George and Kovu) they all got on well and hadn't fallen out or forgotten each other.

I have my normal house buns on top of that and what I would really like is my house back :oops:. I also have some neuters I need to do but can't because I have run out of overnight sleeping spaces.

My most robust bun (touch wood :roll:) seems to be Matilda (one of the rew's the police took) you would imagine she would of been one of the sick ones, her and Gnasher have managed the winter fine :D.

Anyway all the hutches are covered and I will make them snuggly, but do you think it's warm enough now to put some back outside, it seems to have warmed up loads?

i have been doing teh same all my buns been in. if all are well and not lost winter coats then then with a snuggle saffe or lots and lots of bedding if no snow and frost it should be ok .xx

I think it is warm enough tree, I put Jam back out yesterday after she had been inside for a week, we've no heating atm and it's warmer in the shed than in the house, i bonded her with Winston (all going well) and have put them into the shed with plenty of straw, paper, hay etc :D

Thanks hun, yeah the only ones with no winter coats is Zippy and Scooby, but they will be in a while yet, Zippy has another day at the vets on Wednesday, but all the others seem to have made a full recovery and I am not sure why they're all in to be honest :lol:

Thanks so much, I am going to reclaim my house today whoop whoop :lol::lol::lol:. I might be able to sleep through the night without having to keep getting up to shout "stop it" or "behave" :lol::lol::lol: and someone has bit a patch of fur off Beatrix's head, seems like she's had it stuck somewhere it shouldn't of been :lol:

I think it is warm enough tree, I put Jam back out yesterday after she had been inside for a week, we've no heating atm and it's warmer in the shed than in the house, i bonded her with Winston (all going well) and have put them into the shed with plenty of straw, paper, hay etc :D

realy ...are they together ...*jumps up and down in excitement *

:D

:lol: I brought 2 of my 4 fosters in cos of the cold - had hutch & run combs set up in the living room:oops: Then I got another outdoor one spayed - she came in for several days. Everyone is back out now & I've left buns out in the run all day cos it is for 11 hours, & I figured it's warm enough (they are outdoors & have a hutch to stay in:D)

If weather stays like this, I will be re-bonding Alfie & Polly into the group in the next couple of weeks:D

The weather is deffo a lot better, knwoing out luck the snow will come back :lol:

Know exactly how you feel. I have a rabbit in every room and it doesn't help that my house is like a shoe box! I can't even go into the bathroom without having to step over a litter tray. :oops:

I want my house back too!!! I think it is def warm enough to go back outside, my only problem is I have other buns here that are staying outside so I will have to put up with having rabbits around my feet for a while longer :roll:

i'm pleased I don't get many visitors.... :shock:

It is alot milder now :D Im the same dithering about a bun being outside or not :? Will do if it is still mild by the weekend :D xx

Back