PDA

View Full Version : plymouth 14 bunnies, UPDATE......

bunnyrun
15-02-2009, 08:49 PM
we,ve just finished settling everyone in,:D the bunnies dont seem to bothered by the journey at all,and are all tucking into their food as we speak:D all 14 bunnies are underweight, not emaciated but you can feel their spines and hind quarters :cry: several are in desperate need of a bath to,several of the bunnies have lost fur around their back legs and are looking a little red in area,s:(
out of the 14 bunnies 3 are of big concern
the buck with a huge lump under his chin, his brother who has an abscess under his chin,which decided to pop on the way home so he,s had to be cleaned up:mrgreen: on examination he has teeth problems aswell:cry: and the male lop who is very snuffly,
and 1 of the piggies has mites, all 3 plus piggy will see my vet tomorrow and i just hope this has a happy ending, will post piccies tomorrow:D:D:D:D:D

Can i just say a huge thankyou to jazzyb bunny, timboh, and devoted to buns for rescuing and helping these bunnies:D:D:D:D

bunnyrun
15-02-2009, 08:53 PM
:oops: meant to put this in rabbit chat can a mod move pleeeese:D

Jazzy B Bunny
15-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Im so glad it came together!!! Thank you so much for helping everyone :wave::wave::love:

If you could post some pics at some point I said I would give them to the lady :(

I actually at first glance thought that buck with the lump was a doe because I thought it was a dewlap :shock: Poor babies :cry:

I'm so glad they're settling in though!

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Hope all the Buns make a good recovery :)

bunnyrun
15-02-2009, 08:59 PM
luckily all the sexes are correct:D:D the buck with the lump could possibly be an abscess, do you know if the 2 single boys have ever been together

Stator
15-02-2009, 10:07 PM
They didn't specifically say but I think they said they were both seperated because of fighting, not sure if they were in together but they certainly look like they came from the same litter.

I feel a little guilty about not taking those two boys straight to the vet. If at the begining they looked like they did when I got them out of my car I think I would have taken them straight to my vet instead of making them go on the long journey :(

So glad they got their okay :)

All the healthy ones seemed friendly and they are all good looking so I should think they will all find homes.

My favourites were the two boy lops living together, they are adorable :p

antigone
15-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Well done for rescuing them. :)

Becky86
15-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Well done all for rescuing them :)

I hope everything goes well at the vets for the 3 poorly buns and piggy :( xXx

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I want my little Luna back she was so cute and just loved cuddles I hope her, her sister and their mum are rehomed together. Aparently the 2 single boys don't get on. Don't feel bad for not taking them to the vet they are safe now!

devoted2buns
16-02-2009, 12:24 AM
glad they are all settled for the night. fingers crossed the 3 poorly ones make good recoverys.

honeybunny
16-02-2009, 02:09 AM
hope they all get sorted and are safe now
Well done to all involved

bunnyrun
16-02-2009, 09:43 AM
we have the vets at 9.50 this morning will update on the poorly bunnies when we get back

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I hope they are ok. Could you send me some pics when you get the chance? :)

devoted2buns
16-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Thinking of these this morning. Hope the vets goes ok.

bunnyrun
16-02-2009, 12:56 PM
max the black singe boy has had to stay at the vets:cry: he hasnt eatebn overnight and on examinatin his teeth are an absolute mess, all his inside of his mouth is lacerated:cry::cry: so i have to phone up at 2pm he also has an abscess which they are going to drain:cry::cry:

billy, the little boy with the lump, is to thin to put under anaesthetic, he needs the lump removing and its a huge abscess:cry::cry::cry: so im taking him back on friday when hopefully he,ll be stronger and they can remove it, he,s very weak and wobbly on his legs today:cry::cry:

laurel and hardy the 2 lops, laurel the grey one is quite poorly so he,s on antibiotics and will be checked later in the week

all 4 piggies are scratching like mad and have begun mite treatment this morning

piccies to follow

antigone
16-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Sending lots of vibes for your poorly bunnies and piggies x x x

devoted2buns
16-02-2009, 01:06 PM
max the black singe boy has had to stay at the vets:cry: he hasnt eatebn overnight and on examinatin his teeth are an absolute mess, all his inside of his mouth is lacerated:cry::cry: so i have to phone up at 2pm he also has an abscess which they are going to drain:cry::cry:

billy, the little boy with the lump, is to thin to put under anaesthetic, he needs the lump removing and its a huge abscess:cry::cry::cry: so im taking him back on friday when hopefully he,ll be stronger and they can remove it, he,s very weak and wobbly on his legs today:cry::cry:

laurel and hardy the 2 lops, laurel the grey one is quite poorly so he,s on antibiotics and will be checked later in the week

all 4 piggies are scratching like mad and have begun mite treatment this morning

piccies to follow

:cry::cry::cry: hope we have saved them in time. Good luck Caroline, thank u so much for letting us know. Poor bunsters, i feel so bad for them :cry: if the owner cant look after rabbits, god help her trying to look after a bady :shock:

bunnyrun
16-02-2009, 01:09 PM
exactly:cry: they are all munching again bless em, whilst billy was being examined he was licking me:love::love:

devoted2buns
16-02-2009, 01:18 PM
exactly:cry: they are all munching again bless em, whilst billy was being examined he was licking me:love::love:

bless him, in all that pain he must be in and he still has love to give to humans, he was prob saying "thank you caroline!" hes my favourate, hope he makes it!!

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Poor babies :cry: I hope they get better! In actually almost in tears Reading that.

devoted2buns
16-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Poor babies :cry: I hope they get better! In actually almost in tears Reading that.

if it wasn't for u Jazz being at the right place at the right time, the buns wouldnt be where they are now. xxx

bunnyrun
16-02-2009, 01:36 PM
exactly if it wasnt for you then the bunnies would of continued to suffer, at least they are being helped now ill keep you updated :D:D:D

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 01:38 PM
they had no acsess to hay or anything :( I'm just so glad they are out of there! God help the other animals they own!

SmokyJoe78
16-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Sending get well soon vibes for the rescued buns :love:

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 02:25 PM
They are asking for pics and how they are, I don't know what to say.. I don't want to upset them :(

bunnyrun
16-02-2009, 02:26 PM
billy....
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/eastbourne-rabbit-rescue/billy.jpg

hurricanhoney
16-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Sending get well vibes to the poor bunnies and piggies.

Mr Cookie Bun
16-02-2009, 03:37 PM
billy....

Is that his lump? You can see in that pic what a beautiful boy he could be :love: Well done to you all for rescuing these bunnies. Sending lots if vibes to the poorly bunnies and piggies xxx.

devoted2buns
16-02-2009, 03:41 PM
They are asking for pics and how they are, I don't know what to say.. I don't want to upset them :(

is there anyway we could report them?? The cage i cleaned out was full to the top of urine and poop, there were things crawling in it :shock:

biscuitblossom
16-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh hes a beautiful boy....hope the abcess can be sorted out.:(

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2009, 03:53 PM
is there anyway we could report them?? The cage i cleaned out was full to the top of urine and poop, there were things crawling in it :shock:

As the Buns are now out then the 'evidence' has been removed so the RSPCA cant do anything.

I do hope all of the Buns can get back to full health.

drpengie
16-02-2009, 04:00 PM
aww sending huge getting better vibes!! They are in good hands now!

Starlight
16-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Billy bun is gorgeous :love:

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 04:03 PM
The shed all the hutches were in smelt really bad :(

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Idont think reporting them would do anything now, the woman obviously thought she was doing the right thing :( bad pet shop advice possibly.

giantbunnymummy
16-02-2009, 04:17 PM
So glad the bunnies are safe and loads of vibes for the poorly ones. Billy is stunning, really hope he gets better.

Well done all of you for rescuing them!

Sooz
16-02-2009, 04:20 PM
billy....

Poor little thing, he is just so emaciated, and that lump... :shock:! I had a black & tan cross when I was younger and they are such stunning bunnies in full health....I really hope something can be done for him.

Well done to everyone who helped out :)

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 06:58 PM
hi, any chance you. Could post some more pics she keeps phoning me :(

lotsofsmoggies
16-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Billy is gorgeous. :love: Lots of vibes for all the poorly ones.

Stator
16-02-2009, 10:44 PM

Just tell them the truth, a couple of the boys are quite sick but that they are receiving the best medical care possible :)

Well done bunnyrun for getting them all the proper treatment they need :)

Jazzy B Bunny
16-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Have been on the phone to caroline. She told me to give her number to the lady, she has told them straight which I was so scared of doing :( they have been phoning me all day! now all I have to do is give the lady some pics and start fund raising!

Jazzy B Bunny
17-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Any updates on the lil ones? xx

bunnyrun
17-02-2009, 09:03 PM
one of the piggies has ulcers on her eyes and has a head tilt:cry::cry:, all 4 piggies are now being treated for mites,
The good news is max the black single boy has a home with one of the vetinery nurses, and is experienced with dental bunnies so a very happy ending for max:D:D:D:D

piccies will be with you once my camera has charged:roll:

Jazzy B Bunny
17-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Aw, poor piggies.. But a happy ending for Max :love::love::love:

Foofy
17-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Well done for rescuing the bunnies and piggies, sounds lke it may have been in the nick of time. Like someone else mentioned if the woman can't look after animals how is she going to manage with a baby?

Jazzy B Bunny
17-02-2009, 10:04 PM
She'll get free money for the baby so no excuses :? :( But I am concerned about the other animals she has.

Foofy
17-02-2009, 10:33 PM
She'll get free money for the baby so no excuses :? :( But I am concerned about the other animals she has.

I expect so (regarding the money) what other animals has she got then? If she is not looking after them properly either maybe someone can call the RSPCA and try and get her to sign them over for rehoming?

Jazzy B Bunny
17-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I havent seen them but she has a puppy and some birds. (well she had the puppy in her arms on sunday, he looked ok)

devoted2buns
18-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I havent seen them but she has a puppy and some birds. (well she had the puppy in her arms on sunday, he looked ok)

oh god, poor pup :roll: she should quit while she is ahead.

Stator
22-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I know billy is still very ill but how are the others doing?

Jazzy B Bunny
23-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah how are they? I had 4 missed calls from the previous owner on my phone yesterday.

bunnyrun
23-02-2009, 09:30 AM
billy is extremely sick:( the owner hasnt called me once since we took the bunnies:? max has an abscess which we are trying to get rid of without him having to have the same operation billy has had:cry: 2 of the girls have been reserved:D:D and the guineapigs are improving:D:D they are all putting on weight, and the bunnies do nothing but binky when they are running out:D:D

lotsofsmoggies
23-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Sending lots of vibes and love to Billy and the rest of the still ill ones. Poor Billy :(

Stator
23-02-2009, 01:45 PM
billy is extremely sick:( the owner hasnt called me once since we took the bunnies:? max has an abscess which we are trying to get rid of without him having to have the same operation billy has had:cry: 2 of the girls have been reserved:D:D and the guineapigs are improving:D:D they are all putting on weight, and the bunnies do nothing but binky when they are running out:D:D
Which girls have been reserved? Is it two of the 'dalmation' coloured ones? I am excited for them :)

Still fingers crossed for billy and max :?

bunnyrun
23-02-2009, 02:28 PM
its the mum rex and the black and white girl who have been reserved, the lady may even become a member on the forum so watch out for news;)

Jazzy B Bunny
23-02-2009, 03:24 PM
That's great!!! :D xxx

Stator
14-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Any chance of a little update, have any been rehomed? Sorry if I'm nagging ;)

DDD
14-03-2009, 07:12 PM
My neighbour has 2 of the girlies!! Sorry to butt in on Carolines post but that's an update for you.

Stator
14-03-2009, 07:19 PM
My neighbour has 2 of the girlies!! Sorry to butt in on Carolines post but that's an update for you.

Yay :D

Which ones? Is that the two black and white rex crosses that were reserved before?

DDD
14-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Yay :D

Which ones? Is that the two black and white rex crosses that were reserved before?

Yes, the mum and daughter. One is rex coated and brown/ white, the other is more of a cross and is black and white. She has called them Kangaroo and Moo-Cow (don't ask - her other pets have strange names too!!)

Stator
14-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, the mum and daughter. One is rex coated and brown/ white, the other is more of a cross and is black and white. She has called them Kangaroo and Moo-Cow (don't ask - her other pets have strange names too!!)

I think those are great names :lol:

I have a Roo, Joey and Wally (not that I named them) :lol: (and I have Lilly but that's not very Kangaroo like :p )

DDD
14-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Kangaroo is so called as she is very boingy, and Moo Cow as she is coloured like a cow. Also, they have 'matching' names for short - Moo and Roo.

Jazzy B Bunny
14-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Hows my lil Luna? The one black and tan one with her sister and mum whos a lionhead? :love: the previous owners are badgering me for pics and Caroline said she was goiong to send some to them a while ago.

bunnyrun
14-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Hows my lil Luna? The one black and tan one with her sister and mum whos a lionhead? :love: the previous owners are badgering me for pics and Caroline said she was goiong to send some to them a while ago.

an update !!!!!!

the group of 4 girls have all been speyed and rehomed:D:D
max had his operation and has also been rehomed:D:D
the group of 3 girls are3 still here:cry:
the 2 lops one has been rehomed and the other is permanent with me becvause he has medical problems

the piggies have a sad ending, sadly 2 of them have passed away but thye other 2 are doing well:cry::cry:

regards to the previous owners tell them to back off:evil::evil: i know id said send the photo,s but after trying so hard to help these 14 bunnies, after the heartache of losing billy and the 2 piggies they dont deserve to have pictures
get them to ring me and ill be honest:evil:

I dont want to cause upset and offence but these bunnies were suffering because of them and if it hadnt of been for you and a couple of other members the bunnies would of suffered even more
sorry just feeling really bitter towards the human race at the moment:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Stator
14-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I know it's no excuse, but having met the previous owners when we took them away I'm pretty sure it was a case of ignorance / incompetence rather than not caring about the rabbits. She did recognise that she wasn't able to care for them properly in the end and gave them up. I know it's not much, but at least it's better than the people who keep them in tiny hutches and neglect them and think it's okay.
I know you've done all of the hard work here bunnyrun and gone through all the pain of losing poor billy, but it would be nice if you could provide a few photos for Jazzy. I know the previous owners don't really deserve it, but could you do it just for Jazzy? They know the shop where she works and can pester her quite a bit. I don't like to think of things getting nasty :?

devoted2buns
14-03-2009, 10:49 PM
thanks for updating us caroline and im so please some of them have found homes already. :D

Jazzy B Bunny
14-03-2009, 11:21 PM
They came in when I was on my lunch break today, I've printed out a pic of billy and left it in the shop for next time. I've had a few phone calls off them but didn't answer not sure if that was the right thing to do or not. I don't want to cause trouble. :(

devoted2buns
14-03-2009, 11:24 PM
you could just tell them that they have all been rehomed now??

Jazzy B Bunny
14-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I think I might next time they come in.

bunnyrun
15-03-2009, 03:42 PM
will get the pictures sorted out for you:D

Jazzy B Bunny
15-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Thank you :D xxx

Jazzy B Bunny
15-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Seriously if I was allowed I'd have the trio that you have left. They were just sp adorable :love: Give them some cuddles from me!