• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

plymouth 14 bunnies, UPDATE......

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
we,ve just finished settling everyone in,:D the bunnies dont seem to bothered by the journey at all,and are all tucking into their food as we speak:D all 14 bunnies are underweight, not emaciated but you can feel their spines and hind quarters :cry: several are in desperate need of a bath to,several of the bunnies have lost fur around their back legs and are looking a little red in area,s:(
out of the 14 bunnies 3 are of big concern
the buck with a huge lump under his chin, his brother who has an abscess under his chin,which decided to pop on the way home so he,s had to be cleaned up:mrgreen: on examination he has teeth problems aswell:cry: and the male lop who is very snuffly,
and 1 of the piggies has mites, all 3 plus piggy will see my vet tomorrow and i just hope this has a happy ending, will post piccies tomorrow:D:D:D:D:D

Can i just say a huge thankyou to jazzyb bunny, timboh, and devoted to buns for rescuing and helping these bunnies:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Im so glad it came together!!! Thank you so much for helping everyone :wave::wave::love:

If you could post some pics at some point I said I would give them to the lady :(

I actually at first glance thought that buck with the lump was a doe because I thought it was a dewlap :shock: Poor babies :cry:

I'm so glad they're settling in though!

luckily all the sexes are correct:D:D the buck with the lump could possibly be an abscess, do you know if the 2 single boys have ever been together

They didn't specifically say but I think they said they were both seperated because of fighting, not sure if they were in together but they certainly look like they came from the same litter.

I feel a little guilty about not taking those two boys straight to the vet. If at the begining they looked like they did when I got them out of my car I think I would have taken them straight to my vet instead of making them go on the long journey :(

So glad they got their okay :)

All the healthy ones seemed friendly and they are all good looking so I should think they will all find homes.

My favourites were the two boy lops living together, they are adorable :p

Last edited:
Well done all for rescuing them :)

I hope everything goes well at the vets for the 3 poorly buns and piggy :( xXx

I want my little Luna back she was so cute and just loved cuddles I hope her, her sister and their mum are rehomed together. Aparently the 2 single boys don't get on. Don't feel bad for not taking them to the vet they are safe now!

max the black singe boy has had to stay at the vets:cry: he hasnt eatebn overnight and on examinatin his teeth are an absolute mess, all his inside of his mouth is lacerated:cry::cry: so i have to phone up at 2pm he also has an abscess which they are going to drain:cry::cry:

billy, the little boy with the lump, is to thin to put under anaesthetic, he needs the lump removing and its a huge abscess:cry::cry::cry: so im taking him back on friday when hopefully he,ll be stronger and they can remove it, he,s very weak and wobbly on his legs today:cry::cry:

laurel and hardy the 2 lops, laurel the grey one is quite poorly so he,s on antibiotics and will be checked later in the week

all 4 piggies are scratching like mad and have begun mite treatment this morning

piccies to follow

max the black singe boy has had to stay at the vets:cry: he hasnt eatebn overnight and on examinatin his teeth are an absolute mess, all his inside of his mouth is lacerated:cry::cry: so i have to phone up at 2pm he also has an abscess which they are going to drain:cry::cry:

billy, the little boy with the lump, is to thin to put under anaesthetic, he needs the lump removing and its a huge abscess:cry::cry::cry: so im taking him back on friday when hopefully he,ll be stronger and they can remove it, he,s very weak and wobbly on his legs today:cry::cry:

laurel and hardy the 2 lops, laurel the grey one is quite poorly so he,s on antibiotics and will be checked later in the week

all 4 piggies are scratching like mad and have begun mite treatment this morning

piccies to follow

:cry::cry::cry: hope we have saved them in time. Good luck Caroline, thank u so much for letting us know. Poor bunsters, i feel so bad for them :cry: if the owner cant look after rabbits, god help her trying to look after a bady :shock:

exactly:cry: they are all munching again bless em, whilst billy was being examined he was licking me:love::love:

bless him, in all that pain he must be in and he still has love to give to humans, he was prob saying "thank you caroline!" hes my favourate, hope he makes it!!

Back