• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bugs gotta see the vet again U/D Bad News!!

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Think it's his teeth again :( He's losing weight and eating weirdly. He is going to need a GA. He's being booked in either wednesday or friday. Vibes for Bugs please :(

Last edited:
We saw the vet today as Hazel needed his post op check up - He's fine btw. The vet is going to operate on Bugs on friday morning. He said as Bugs is still able to eat and is full of energy he will be fine until friday. I am hoping his teeth aren't too bad.

Sorry, only just seen this. Sending lots of vibes and hope everything goes well this morning. :):)

Thanks guys, we've just dropped him off for his op. Gotta phone in a few hours to see how it went.

Bad news :cry: Bugs stopped breathing during the operation and his blood pressure went extremely low. His teeth are a mess, they are growing in all directions. The vet managed to finish the dental, get him breathing again and she neutered him because she doesn't want to operate on him again :cry: He is home but not looking good at all! The vet is really worried, i'm in tears! My poor baby :cry:

What do we do now? He has dental problems but can't have GA to fix them anymore :? :cry:

I'm no expert, but could they try concious (sp) dentals? Or as a last resort, remove his teeth that are causing the problems? Not much help, sorry.

I'm no expert, but could they try concious (sp) dentals? Or as a last resort, remove his teeth that are causing the problems? Not much help, sorry.

I'm not sure :( With my other dental bun Greg they did a few dentals but decided nothing more could be done and he was pts :cry: I don't know if our vet will do conscious dentals or remove his teeth :?

Bad news :cry: Bugs stopped breathing during the operation and his blood pressure went extremely low. His teeth are a mess, they are growing in all directions. The vet managed to finish the dental, get him breathing again and she neutered him because she doesn't want to operate on him again :cry: He is home but not looking good at all! The vet is really worried, i'm in tears! My poor baby :cry:

What do we do now? He has dental problems but can't have GA to fix them anymore :? :cry:

OH Lillian I am so sorry, Bugs did so well last time. :( At least he was able to get the work done this time and bring him round :) I hope he continues to recover this evening.

Conscious dentals are an option at this point, but it depends on how well Bugs copes with the stress. Removing the teeth really isn't an option as he would definately need a GA and removal also isn't always possible as it can destroy the jaw bone.

Poor Bugs, you know where I am if you need me xx

Poor bugs. Sending him some recovery vibes.

One of mine has conscious dentals each month without problems (I know there are risks, as there are with GA).

Back