• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Intestinal Lump - U/D She's Gone

CazScho

Mama Doe
Harriet got taken into the vets during the week after she started stretching and lost her appetite. Our vets found a few lumpy bits and tried to break them down by massage and gave her some intravenous fluids. We took her home and kept an eye on her and seemed to be much better and brighter and more comfortable.

She's been fine the last few days but when I came to give her pellets this morning, she was stretching again and uninterested in food. I ran her back down to the vets immediately and the vet said she would probably have to open her up and find out what the problem was as she was worried it would just keep re-occuring. She operated this morning and found a lump and I think she said inflamed lymph nodes in her intestines. The lumps been removed and sent off for analysis so we should hear back about that on Wednesday.

In the meantime Harriets recovered well from her anaesthetic and should be able to come home tomorrow :)

Fingers crossed her lump is nothing alarming :(

Its not the same without Harriet and Riley outside :(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Keeping fingers crossed for you Caz...sending the vibes...

tell you what...I am an absolute nervous wreck at the minute about Bean and Rosie! Been thinking about both of them all day and now feel a little ill! So occupying myself with packing.

Hope harriet gets better sooN!

Oh goodness :shock: :cry: :cry:

I really hope Harriet will make a good recovery. Please keep us posted, you must be so worried :cry:

Aww thanks :)

Don't worry about Bean & Rosie. I was surprised about the chasing etc as well, never seen bonding done before and was hoping for roses and love hearts and soppy movie themes I suppose!! Was glad to hear its all normal and there's progression too! They'll be fine I'm sure :)

I really hope the results of Harriets lumps come back clear.Sending speedy recovery vibes her way

Just picked them both up but they're both not quite right bless them!! :shock:

Harriets had her op and has a staple in her belly and is on fibreplex and baytril for a few days - she seems quite bright but not her usualy self. poor Riley only went in to keep Harriet company and now he's acting very oddly too :(

He wouldn't touch anything to start with but is eating hay now so I hope he was just upset about the change in environment but where they would both normally tear into thier bowl of veg, they had a bit each and then wandered off. Never seen them do that before!

Harriets had a few bits and has had some willow so as long as there's stuff going in (and theres stuff coming out too - I checked!) and they keep moving I hope they'll be fine!

Phew :roll:

Hi Caroline.

Must have just missed you as I was just up at Gills too, with a bun who's come in for boarding/bonding.

Hope that the lump is nothing. Keep us posted and if there is anything that you need, please shout.

Nose rubs to Riley and to Harriet.... xxx

Looks like the lump may be lymphoma :(

Lab are making further checks but thats what they think it is. Vet looking into chemo :(

Has anyone got any experience of chemo with rabbits?

I'm so sorry Caroline.I have no experience of chemo but sending vibes and a big hug for You XXXXX

I don't have any experience, but I'm so sorry it wasn't good news - sending you & your special girl lots of vibes xxx

soooooo sorry HUGS and VIBES to her and you!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope all goes well and they can sort it out for your beautifull bun bun!!!:wave::(:)

Back