• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

recommended pet carrier

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i need a new carrier for my two dwarf lops, bisc and matt. can anyone recomment one that will be big enough for them to lie down and that preferably has a shoulder strap because i struggle carrying them! the one they have now is from argos but i don't think they sell it anymore. it's difficult to lift them out though and everytime i go to the vets i have to take the damn thing apart to get them out! :)

just bought a new carrier! it's a gulliver one-large. got it for £16.96 including delivery so i'm happy with that! :)
just hope it's ok!

I recently bought two extra small dog cages off ebay. They're about 14"x22" and are the perfect size for carrying a pair of medium/large buns. They have enough room to lie down or stand up comfortably but not enough room to slide around all over the place when we're in the car (I line the cage with vetbed). I find the open wire cage stops them overheating when they're travelling and if they get stressed, I can just cover them over with a towel. The plus side is that there are two doors (end and side) and the cages fold flat when I'm not using them.

Plus (don't tell anyone:oops:) but I also bought a doggie pushchair so I can load both my cages onto it and push them into the vets since four rabbits weigh a TON! You get some funny looks though and I'm always at great pains to explain that you would never catch me putting a dog in it:lol:

I got a new carrier from my local tesco for £10 the other day and its twice as big as the one I had from pets at home. They had a special pet isle a few weeks back as a seasonal thing and it was on there.

Wow a bargain. I might have to look in Tescos myself. I don't know how much the cardboard ones are, but it might be false ecomony to buy one and then throw it away. Could I just use a regular box?

I have a Nylabone collapsible carrier which is fab. Easy to store, very robust and opens both top and front. No shoulder strap though and is quite heavy even when bunniless. Otherwise as I say fab!

I saw a carrier in my local pet shop yesterday for £7.99. It was very nice, but didn't look all that big. How big does it need to be?

Last edited:
Back