• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i put anything on this?

leeanderin

Mama Doe
I've just found this big scab on Rubens' back (it's about the size of a 5p) i don't know how he's got it and haven't seen any blood, should i put anything on it and do you think it's anything to worry about?

Thank you in advance :)

Picture002.jpg

Is it between his shoulders? If so, it could be scabbing after a vaccination or baytril jab. Milly had that but i noticed it only when it was beginning to flake off.

Is it between his shoulders? If so, it could be scabbing after a vaccination or baytril jab. Milly had that but i noticed it only when it was beginning to flake off.

It's just below his shoulders, he was at the vet under a GA nearly two weeks ago so i wonder if it's something to do with that. I feel a bit bad because i've only just noticed it :(

I felt like that too, but I hadn't noticed it till it was so healed that it was coming off:shock: . I don't think you need to do anything about it as long as it's dry and not weeping. However, it's always best to check with your vet.

linus got a huge scab from his baytril ( i think it was baytril) injection from when he was under for is dental and neuter took 3 weeks to heal

Sounds like it's got something to do with the dental then. It's dry and it's not bothering him, when i was having a look at him he wasn't flinching when i touched round the area or the scab.

It does look like an injection reaction scab Erin, if it's not bothering him or weeping I'd just keep a close eye on it the next few days. Give the gorgeous Rubydoobs(what I call him when he's here:lol:) a big cuddle and nose rub from me

It does look like an injection reaction scab Erin, if it's not bothering him or weeping I'd just keep a close eye on it the next few days. Give the gorgeous Rubydoobs(what I call him when he's here:lol:) a big cuddle and nose rub from me

He sends somebunny licks to you! Your name it's not too far off our nickname, he's Rubyroo or sometimes just Roo to us! Thought you might like to see this

He and his partner haven't been humping have they as they sometimes get bites on their back off that too:D

He and his partner haven't been humping have they as they sometimes get bites on their back off that too:D

Not that i've seen or heard and Rubens usually likes to "be on top" so it would be Dilbert that would have the marks if anything.

Back