• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lost trust

bolton babe

Warren Scout
In the last couple of days, Tink has been acting like she's scared of me. She hops over when I go in the shed and if i'm sat on the floor shes take food from my hand and climb on my legs and stuff, but once she has got the food she hops away so i cant stroke her, and she wont let me pick her up anymore.

Is it just her hormones?? I'm getting her spayed when the weather improves, but i dont want to leave her outside untill then, when she would let me pick her up I would bring her inside for a cuddle.

I've only had her a couple of weeks but I have no Idea what I could have done to lose her trust :(

Whenever any of the buns have acted like that its because they have been in pain/sick. Is she still drinking eating etc? When she runs away is she hunched up after that? Might be worth a trip to the vets.

Whenever any of the buns have acted like that its because they have been in pain/sick. Is she still drinking eating etc? When she runs away is she hunched up after that? Might be worth a trip to the vets.

yeah she eats and drinks, she takes the food with her when she hops away then sits and eats it where I cant reach her.

None of my rabbits have liked being picked up and walked into the house. Try enticing her into a carrier and using this to bring her in. As the weather is cold at the moment, I would not bring her into the house for long and then put her back outside. Why not have her as a house rabbit. She would see you all the time.

It might just be that she doesn't like being picked up then and is running away from you to avoid this. Rabbits generally don't like being picked up.

It might just be that she doesn't like being picked up then and is running away from you to avoid this. Rabbits generally don't like being picked up.

But surely she needs to learn to be picked up doesnt she?? I cant take her to the vets or owt if I cant pick her up???

Most rabbits run away once they have some food. It's to stop anyone else from stealing their food. Rabbits often try to steal food that other rabbits are eating.

I wouldn't worry about it and I would just leave her to eat on her own then try to interact once she's finished :)

Back