• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed U/D they're back!

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Hello everyone

Please can you send vibes for my last three to need neutering - all are going in on Thursday. Buns in question are:

Jemima

Elf

Captain Carrot

I'm just concerned because Carrot was already neutered a few months back, but they could only find/remove on one side. If a bun has a hidden plum is it fairly safe/straightforward to find/remove it?

Last edited:
why didn't your vet open him up at the time to find the other:? It would have been better doing it then than having to put him under again' i have had a few done with no problems but my vet just does it at time of castration, i think your vet is ripping you off:roll:

why didn't your vet open him up at the time to find the other:? It would have been better doing it then than having to put him under again' i have had a few done with no problems but my vet just does it at time of castration, i think your vet is ripping you off:roll:

I think she could have done but was nervous about doing so. She's done a number of neuters for me with no prob, and has generally been really good; I think she just wanted to err on the side of caution. She said what is left is likely to be non-functioning so I'm wondering whether it needs to be touched as he shows no sign of being hormonal, or could it become cancerous if left?

Yes there is a higher chance of it becoming cancerous if left, it does need removing even if he never shows any hormonal signs or will never be in contact with an unspayed doe.

Wesley, one of my two fosters, had an undescended testicle and they had to go rummaging around to find it. Sometimes they can massage it through to the surface, sometimes they have to make an incision in the abdomen part, but it should be relatively straightforward to find and remove. Just be aware that it is a bigger op if they have to go deeply looking for it and his recovery is more likely to be like that of a doe after a spay rather than a usual buck recovery.

Sending vibes for all three :)

Thank you all.

Sounds like it does need removing despite his being non-hormonal and not having unspayed does around - thanks for the advice!

Capt Carrot says thank you too!

Cobweb16.jpg

How old is the lovely chap? Giants are slower maturing so is there a chance it might still appear on its own?

Oh My!! Captain Carrot is a stunner :shock: :love: :love:

Hope everything goes well for all the buns :) xXx

How old is the lovely chap? Giants are slower maturing so is there a chance it might still appear on its own?

Good thinking! It's dark now and they're in for the night but I'll check tomorrow morning. It would cause a lot of confusion in the bunny shed if I suddenly reappeared and started poking around for...no, I can't even type that.... :oops:

Carrot IS gorgeous, very friendly as well as pretty, and I can't wait for this final batch of neutering to be over with.... He's nine months old, by the way, so you could be right it's just emerging late...

Thank you all! Have dropped them off now and soooooo wish it was already all over safely... :cry:

All ops went okay, including Carrot's...they did track down the stray plum... All 3 buns ate at the vets but I haven't seen Jemima eating since we got home. The boys have both been stuffing themselves. Any suggestions?

I'd suggest just leaving her alone somewhere warm, dimly lit and quiet for now, surrounded by tasty things and a bowl of water. Her op is far more major than the boys ones so a difference is really to be expected. I think it can be counter-productive to try and 'force' them to eat so soon after a spay, so as long as they seem ok, I'd just leave her be for tonight.

Glad to hear they are all home safe and well though :)

I'd suggest just leaving her alone somewhere warm, dimly lit and quiet for now, surrounded by tasty things and a bowl of water. Her op is far more major than the boys ones so a difference is really to be expected. I think it can be counter-productive to try and 'force' them to eat so soon after a spay, so as long as they seem ok, I'd just leave her be for tonight.

Glad to hear they are all home safe and well though :)

Yep, I agree :D

Back