• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At The Tip - Rabbit poop - garden waste??

We put all our hutch waste in with the green waste, we are told that this is ok as long as there is minimal news paper and no wood shavings.

:shock: We have to put it in our 'general waste' bin with normal household rubbish, the council here wont take it away if its in the compostable bin :(

Even when we go to the dump they ask what we've got in the bags... rabbit poop, and they say its general. Shows how useless our area is :?

:shock: We have to put it in our 'general waste' bin with normal household rubbish, the council here wont take it away if its in the compostable bin

We have to put ours in with our normal household rubbish too

We have four of the big ones and with all the litter trays and cages still can't fit it all in :shock: There is no more space for more bins either :lol: Sometimes my neighbour keeps one of hers half empty for me! Our bins are emptied once a week though but I have read on here that some people in the UK have to go two weeks without collection :shock:

We compost alot of ours..but when we go to the tip the men there change their minds over where it should go every trip!
one week garden waste..next week household..even if its the same man!:lol:

I have two big green garden waste bins from the council. I put quite a bit of soaked newspaper in, which is at the bottom of the litter trays. I usually cover the top with some proper garden waste, so it doesn't look too messy, and so far no one has complained. I keep some of the poo as fertiliser for my plants.

Yeah our collection is once every 2 weeks :shock:

We have to do 3 trips down the dump in between :lol: We have 2 big litter trays and 3 normal sized litter trays to do daily, sometimes twie a day so you can imagine :lol: The house next door is empty so ive been using their bin too ;)

When we first moved in, it wasnt a problem, theres just the 2 of us and we could leave it a month and still not have a full bin :? xXx

Back