• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Lou's Jamie

capel

Warren Veteran
He gave us a bit of a fright this morning. He seemed ok around 7.30 when he had his panacur and when the pellets went down he didn't seem that interested but as he'd had a few I wasn't too worried. Rog and I set off for Chester around 10 but had been gone only about 15 mins when Gordon rang to say he was woried about Jamie as he seemed listless, seemed to be stretching to get comfy and was refusing his fav titbit, so we turned around and came home. He was looking for all the world like a bun with a gastic problem so rather than go down my usual route..(infacol, tummy rubs and wait for an hour) and worried that if I left it too long Lou would end up with an emergency bill to pay we toddled off to my vet. He was given a good going over by Richard, who could see nothing amiss..he always examines rabbits on the floor as he reckons it helps to keep them calmer and also they can't jump!! His tummy felt fine and had normal sounds, but thought he'd give him a shot of maxalon just to keep things moving. I've separated him from Sapphire so that I can monitor his "output" and as soon as I've seen some poo he'll go back out with her. He has been busy exploring the bathroom,but up till 30 mins ago refused to be tempted with any food. I managed to get a hold of lou to tell her what was happening and while we were talking he began to scrape the megazorb out of the tray and then did a bunnyflop in it and went to sleep:roll:
DSC04987.jpg

DSC04990.jpg

10 mins later when I checked on him the treats he'd been ignoring had disappeared, so hopefully he's on the way back to normaility, but we could still do with some vibes just to make sure. I feel a bit bad about rushing him off to the vet and creating more expense for Lou,esp if he'd have been ok if I'd just done my usual thing. If it hadn't been a Saturday, I probably would have. What is it about bunnies and weekends???:roll:

Last edited:
Aww my poorly little boy :(

I know he's in a good place with you Hilda, if you feel he has to go back to the vets then that's fine, I will sort out money etc.

Thank you for looking after him.

Get better soon Jamie, I love you Mr xx

He was munching on hay just now and has produced half a dozen or so fairly normal looking droppings so he's now back out in the hutch snuggled down with Sapphire:) I took a video of him in the bathroom when he came back from the vets so will put it in stories and pics as soon as I can.

Sending some vibes. Better to be safe than sorry Hilda, I would have done the same thing. I am a worrier so I always take to vet immediately, especially at the weekend.:roll:

Back