• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can i get urine stains off my hutches??

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
One of the males i have is spraying EVERY WHERE and the vets wont neuter him because he is too old. I am trying to get the urine spraying off the hutches but it wont come off, i have scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Is there any magic potion i can use to get it off?? It looks terrible.

White vinegar is good for urine stains. I've never used it on wooden hutches, but it might work.

How old is he? The risk for castration is pretty low so I bet you'd find another vet in your area who would do it.

White vinegar is good for urine stains. I've never used it on wooden hutches, but it might work.

How old is he? The risk for castration is pretty low so I bet you'd find another vet in your area who would do it.

thanks, ill try white vinegar. Hes 7. I'll phone around then and see if i can get someone to do it, will he be ok, ru sure its ok to castrate at his age??

thanks, ill try white vinegar. Hes 7. I'll phone around then and see if i can get someone to do it, will he be ok, ru sure its ok to castrate at his age??

As long as he's healthy otherwise, he should be fine. If you're worried you could always get a blood test done first :)

As long as he's healthy otherwise, he should be fine. If you're worried you could always get a blood test done first :)

blood test!! :lol: my vet wouldn't blood test houdini when he was sick and so i took him to a rabbit savy vet (recommended by the rwf) which is an hour away, i have been waiting for the results 3 weeks now and when i keep phoning they say they should of come back and they will chase them :shock: im still waiting, i think they have lost them :roll: finding a good vets down south is very difficult it seems!!

Back