• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hELP!! chance stitches have came loose

jesska

Alpha Buck
chance ( my female bunny) just been neutered on tuesday and i looked tonight at the bottom half of her stitch they have come loose what shall i do?? shall i ring the emergency vets she cant be left like that over night. iv done everything right iv kept her indoors in a small area not been able to run around, :( how have they come out ??

Last edited:
I think they can sometimes chew at them or scratch at them..
I would definately ring the vets tonight and get her seen to
Hope she is ok :)

she must of chew them cause iv done everything it said in the booklet i got. iv rang but wont be able to get out for another half an hour she didnt say what she was going to do about it though :?

A good rabbit vet will always put in buried, dissolvable stitches that the rabbit cannot get hold of. If yours didn't I would ask him why not.:?

If it's internally stitch, it shouldn't happen.

When my bridge bun Goofball had her surgery, there was the stitched wound. Although it's internally stitched, I put a big patch of non-sterile pad on it. They are about 4 in. x 3 in.

I then put non-stick "green" painter tape around the pad, wrap around her fur on all for corners (cross diagonal). They are non stick, as long as you remove them once a day, it doesn't stick to her skin, not to mention I warp it around her fur.

The method works perfectly. The pad is so large, she can't dig thru the pad and touch the wound. And if 1 pad is not large enough, get a 2nd one. A big box of 100 is only like $15.

Now, supposedly, they said the wound needs to breathe, but it will still sealed w/ the pad and prevent you a case of infection.

Back