• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my rabbit loves me too much!

H Maughan

Mama Doe
Don't get me wrong he's a very sweet little soul:love:. I love the many cuddles and the kisses i get:love:. He also follows me everywhere i go and tugs at my jeans until i pick him up for cuddles:D!
However its very hard when your trying to do uni work. And now he's started running around my feet and computer chair grunting softly. He also gave off a really foul smell yesturday the little skunk!:shock: lol And he also sweetly sits by my chair at all times waiting for an occassional stroke or cuddle. He's really affectionate! does anyone else have a bunny this demanding?:D
As i've written this he has jumped on my chair and gave me some licks bless!:love:
Helen xx

I'd get his bits off soonish :lol: watch out for the pee spraying.. not nice, keep an umbrella handy :lol::lol: He does just really love you!

yup biggles was exactly like this for 5 years before i got him snipped, he lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee sss you:lol: you could try a cuddly toy with him to curb him from you but he will get more excited as well the more amourous he get, bit of a catch 22 i used the toys as he was mounting my arm at every optunity

Fidget's exactly the same. It's impossible to get work done with her around. If i don't give her my undivided attention she starts chewing my paper/books, sits on the computer keyboard and licks my face or starts digging at my clothes :roll:

I think your bunny thinks you're his wifey :p watch out before he sexually assaults your shoes xD

One of my buns hates it when I'm doing college work and ignoring him, hye purposely flops down behind my chair (when he flops and catches my ye he's requesting for me to come and groom him) knowing it's difficult to ignore him.

I think your bunny thinks you're his wifey :p watch out before he sexually assaults your shoes xD

One of my buns hates it when I'm doing college work and ignoring him, hye purposely flops down behind my chair (when he flops and catches my ye he's requesting for me to come and groom him) knowing it's difficult to ignore him.

Absolutely agree, he sounds like he needs a ladybun to snuggle up to. It might take a while to find the right one if he's human-fixated, but i'm sure the right one is out there:)

Lola is the same with me - or she was until she got a lady friend. Even when I was washing up she would stand at my feet and lick my ankles.:)

Off with his plums! And possibly once he's got over the shock of being a eunuch get him a species appropriate ladyfriend from rescue. It's so lovely to see a bonded pair of bunnys together. That way you might be able to get your uni work done as he'll have somebunny to lavish his affection on while you are busy.

why are most people suggesting whipping off his bits ?

personally I think it is lovely that he bonds so well with his owner, although the spraying isn't nice

why reward his friendliness with an ewwwww operation most guys cringe at ? :?

my only concern for him, is, does he get all the attention he deserves ?

Fluffy was just like this when I was doing my A- Levels. Despite being de-plumbed at this point he was pretty humpy, loved fluffy slippers.

And, at 11, he's done with humping, but still very demanding of attention. He will follow everywhere, frequently up and down stairs, and dig at my leg if I am not giving him enough attention. So getting his bits done may calm him down and stop the spraying, but yes he really does love you.

I'm still in two minds about whether Fluffs needs another friend but think he may be past it, but yours is probably different...

i dont think buns are never too old for a freind biggles was done at five hes still the same soppy bun minus the spraying and constant humping he still does the happy runs round my feet with soft grunts, and he snuggles with his wife, he got the hump for 3 days but i was forgiven, i do belive minus the sexual frustration they could live longer and although rare avoid cancer

personally I think it is lovely that he bonds so well with his owner, although the spraying isn't nice

my only concern for him, is, does he get all the attention he deserves ?

Because first of all he'll be a much more contented bunny. He won't smell, he won't spray, he won't get hormonally aggressive and best of all he can have a wife who will give him the attention he deserves (and without ending up with loads of little bunnies). Many unneutered rabbits of both sexes are given up because they 'suddenly turned vicious'.

It's lovely that he's bonded so closely with his owner, but he won't love his owner any less for neutering him.

I'm presuming you're a bloke? They do tend to take it personally and think when the subject of neutering a male pet crops up that someone is coming for them too with a maniacal laugh and a pair of rusty hedge shears.

Because first of all he'll be a much more contented bunny. He won't smell, he won't spray, he won't get hormonally aggressive and best of all he can have a wife who will give him the attention he deserves (and without ending up with loads of little bunnies). Many unneutered rabbits of both sexes are given up because they 'suddenly turned vicious'.

its all very convenient for his master, but what about him ? he hasn't done any of these things yet has he ?

I'm presuming you're a bloke? They do tend to take it personally and think when the subject of neutering a male pet crops up that someone is coming for them too with a maniacal laugh and a pair of rusty hedge shears.

correct-ah, but just coz I am paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get me, anyway, a picture for the loving bun, that doesn't have a voice of his own

DCP01154.jpg

jiggering

hello!

i think it's lovely that your bun runs around and grunts! my lollybun was jiggered and he still did it! we used to play a game in the mornings called "Matador" this involved me swinging my dressing gown and lolly running into it like a bull!!

emily

It's lovely that he's bonded so closely with his owner, but he won't love his owner any less for neutering him.

I have one bun on my lap trying to hump my arm, a male and female i have just put together in a 120 cage, the boy Indy is hanging out of the door licking me bless, and the one on my lap is going for chop monday, and I am male!!!!!:love::love:

He will be getting castrated in the not so distance future. He isn't aggressive as such but he will nibble on my legs when he's trying to hump them. He also has a thing for my big furry slippers! :)
He does get a lot of love and attention from me and when i'm not in my housemates get him out for cuddles. I would like to get him a companion eventually but he needs deplumming first and then i need to find the right bunny. I always go for the bunnies in needs.
He's such a fantastic pet i can't believe he was stuck in the pet shop so long! I'm very glad i bought him :D
Helen xx

Sadly it's a misinterpretation of his behaviour to assume that it's as simple as he's being friendly and bonded with his owner. While it may well be true that he is friendly and loves his owner and indeed it sounds as if he is a happy little chap, this behaviour is actually a sign of sexual frustration...having him neutered will resolve the frustration and make him into a calmer and happier bun who is not constantly frustrated by those hormonal 'urges'. He can then be friendly and bond with his owner in a much calmer and more relaxed manner :)

Back