• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disadvantages and Advantages..........?

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I have never done this before nor seen this before in any hutches therefore I would like to hear from you all.

What are the disadvantages and advantages of applying vinyl tiles on the floor in hutches?

I'm worried if it's too heavy to apply tiles onto the woods, and isn't it better to paint the wood, using such as 'Good for wood easy-use wax'?

Lastly how do you apply tiles or vinyl tile onto the wood?

:)Thank-you! :wave:

I did this last year and they have all come up so wouldn't recommend it. I am going to get some cheap lino instead. An advantage is it is a lot easier to clean.

I have vinyl tiles on my hutch floor (and up the walls too because Bubbles is a messy thing :lol:). I got the cheap packs from a pound shop and they come with self adhesive backing, so you just peel off the backing paper and stick them down.

Mine have been down since June and are showing no signs of coming up yet - it makes the hutch much easier to clean because otherwise wee/cleaning sprays just tend to soak into bare wood.

I have lino down for Bojangles and Bluebelle and it's great. I can take it out and clean it in the bath easily and I agree the pee and poo come off a lot easier than on the wood.

Back