• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Vibes for One of my boarders

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
One of my boarders came in last night she is 6 or 7yrs old and I have to take her to the vets tonight as her owner noticed something on Wednesday night when she was cleaning her bottom. They wanted me to have look before they took her to the vet, it looks like a tumour on the side of her vulva:cry:. I feel awful as I was trying to explain in simple terms to their daughter who is 10yrs old (but very sensible & responsible) what might happen but hoping she will be ok.
The bun was one of my rescues and they were taken to my vets to be pts by their original owners as they couldn't be bothered with them. But their new owners love them so much it makes it harder as when they originally came looking at the buns as they had just recently lost theirs, the girl (Beth) really wanted these two but because of their age I was doing my best to talk them out of them given their ages but she said 'No I want them to come and live with us as nobody will want them because of their age and I love them already'.
Please send loads of Vibes for Floss and hugs to Beth for me:D

What a lovely little girl.Sending massive vibes Flosses way and a big hug for brave Beth xxxx

Just got back from the vets. they cannot rule out a tumour but have run blood tests will phone me later with results but she does have an ifection also so I she is being treated with baytril and metacam and I have to give her 2 bum washes a day (which I would have done anyway) and then she is going in for surgery hopefully the end of next week. Can't do it before because of the infection. I have phoned the family and made it sound as good as possible without getting their hope up (if you know what I mean) Just don't want it spoiling Beths holiday:?

Back