• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not as "rabbit proofed" as I thought...grrr

stampz

Warren Scout
So we thought we had the living room pretty much "rabbit proofed"

Oh how wrong we were, the girls have been in there fine for a couple of months now, but yesterday I heard a strange scurrying that I hadnt heard before, went in the room to find we were minus one bunny, Mimi was nowhere to be seen.

I followed the sound to discover that somehow she had got behind the TV cabinet, I have no idea how it should be impossible for her to get there, I am guessing she has managed to squeeze under it somehow.

She has completely chewed through the surround sound speaker cables, and my Wii component cable.......LITTLE MADAM!

I manage to get her out in the end, which wasnt easy. She knew she had done wrong because as soon as she was out she ran as fast as she could back to her run and dived in the cage away from me

All bunnies should come with "eyes in your ****" - our front room is bunny proofed but they always find something!!!

I once walked in the bun room afer they had lived there at least a year, & Calel's head was sticking through a partitition:shock: He had chewed a massive hole & was trying to bite the bonded group as they walked past:shock::lol: Luckily they are that used to other buns they completely ignored him. I had a mesh fitted on his side later that day:lol: He just has windows now:lol:

I came home from work one night to find Hugo with his head in the wall - he had chewed through the plasterboard :shock:

This is too spooky are 'Lola' AND 'Lola' related???? How wierd is that they look identical with same names!

Some bun in my house has trashed my supposedly bunny proofed internet connection in the lounge! I must get a piccy and post it. It's probably Her Daisyness as Dudley is a good boy!

I'm always amazed at the tiny gaps that my two seem to be able to squeeze themselves into.

any gap is hard to resist. Mine will pop through anything more than about 3 inches wide, the nethies & baby buns can squeeze through a gap an inch & a half wide & once they are through they will keep going back :)

ive learnt any set up they can escape from, biggles worked out how to pull the top half of his indoor cage apart then moved it towards him crawled under and got out that way

given up with the NIC set up for doc and beth, beths very good but i had enough of waking up to a pair of eyes staring at me on me bed when doc should of been in the kitchen no amount of cable ties kept him in

I thought I'd bunny proofed our garden but got a big surprise when witnessing two of our tribe easily manouvering through the spokes of a bike wheel. I was amazed to see them get through such a narrow gap. Went around the garden again adding a few more pieces of mesh to potentially vunerable spots. So far no successful escapes!

Back