• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what type of carrier

Id get a plastic one, with a top opening if you can :)

I have 3 carriers, all different. The best is by far the one with the top opening :) I always put a fleece in it so its soft for them to sit in :oops: I wouldnt trust the fabric ones just incase bunny chewed it :? xXx

ditto. Top opening ones are far easier to get animals in and out of, especially if they are injured or have stomach issues, where lifting them forward would be painful. They are also better if buns are a bit flighty or nervous at the vet as you can get a proper hold of them.

Plastic or plastic covered wire are best, though solid sides are better than wire so the animal cant see out and be scared by other animals at the vet etc

Related: Where is the best place to find carriers? I've been scouring the 'Nets for a new carrier, but can't find a top opening one anywhere.

thats pretty tiny! how big is your bun? a bigger one would be better, that they can turn around and lie down in

thats pretty tiny! how big is your bun? a bigger one would be better, that they can turn around and lie down in

I've got tiny buns, but my friend had a medium sized one, and it could sit down, but not lay flat down. I've had mine in there for a little while, and they can turn and stretch their legs.

If the breed is bigger, than maybe this would be a bit small!

36cm (biggest measurement) is about 14" - whatever size they are they should be able to lie down fully, as this helps them relax, especially if they are too hot

i definately wouldnt put more than one in there, you might end up with heat stress. surely there is a bigger model at least??

[Hmm, one of my posts disappeared?]

What I said was of the ones VickiVet posted, the last one looked nice, but there's no delivery option! And the one supposedly made for buns looks like a shopping basket!

Also, aren't the others of vaguely the same size as the one I saw?

Which would you suggest?

they were just examples of what is available on a quick search. the bottom one is 1.6feet and probably ok for a medium bunny, it really depends on what size he/she is.

Mine have a massive Atlas 40 - not top opening but they can both lie down fully without touching each other, and can sit at either the door or far end if they wish, comfortably. i wouldnt travel any real distance in anything smaller myself

they were just examples of what is available on a quick search. the bottom one is 1.6feet and probably ok for a medium bunny, it really depends on what size he/she is.

Mine have a massive Atlas 40 - not top opening but they can both lie down fully without touching each other, and can sit at either the door or far end if they wish, comfortably. i wouldnt travel any real distance in anything smaller myself

I, myself, am ideally looking for a top-opening one, as I do find it easier, and if only the last one (of your post) delivered!

Back