• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travelling Buns

twobunnies&apony

Alpha Buck
Sorry if this is in the wrong place! I was just wondering if people travel their buns in the boot or inside the car, not loose of course!? I have done both but not sure which they prefer and we are going on a slightly longer journey next week so advice would be welcome.

weve travelled with alvin in a carrier on the back seat.... when we didnt have aircon we put a damp towel over the top to keep him from getting too hot (was summer tho)... i dont think id be happy with my buns in the boot where i cant keep an eye on them tho...

ive found water is a waste of time, he refuses to drink, i take wet veg and offer that to him instead at regular stops... takes about 15mins before hell take food once stopped and i also get his litter tray set up before anything else when we arrive... hes done a 7 hour journey without any probs :D

hope you have a good journey :wave::wave:

I always put mine in the main part of the car. If in a small carrier I put the carrier on the passenger seat, or if the carrier is too big it goes on the back seat. I always fasten a seatbelt round the carrier (sounds pessimistic but if in a crash the seatbelt could make all the difference). It must be better generally I guess, going round corners and such if the carrier isn't sliding about.

I prefer them in the main part of the car so I can see how they are.

Thanks. Wasn't sure as thought they might feel safer in the darkness of the boot. When they have been in the car they have been on the passenger seat with the seat belt.

Back