• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can You Help Me Please

hii everyone... i have got 2 8 weeks old rexes and when i went the pet shop the man said i cant feed them vegies and fruit untill there 6months is this true :|
xx

hii everyone... i have got 2 8 weeks old rexes and when i went the pet shop the man said i cant feed them vegies and fruit untill there 6months is this true :|
xx

I think if the mum rabbit was fed on veg while she was lactating then its ok though personally I'd still give fruit a wide berth for a while.
On the other hand if the mum rabbit didnt have regular veg while lactating then do wait until they are a bit older before you introduce any fruit or veg in small amounts.
Reason being I think if mum has had it it will have been in present in her milk any way and if not then they wont have been exposed to it.
As you dont have a way of knowing what mum had if they came from a petshop then I guess err on the side of caution as a young buns digestive system is easily upset.
That's what what I think anyways! lol

I thought it was recommended that they can have veg from about 12 weeks onwards but someone will be on to correct me im sure.

I have had my bunny from 16 weeks and always fed him veg, and I know the person I had him from had tried him on some veg too.

As long when they are old enough you introduce everything slowly and in small pieces.

You could start by giving them the smallest piece of veg at a time so you don,t upset their digestive system.
Don,t know why he said 6 months:?

All young buns through here have been given veg a few days after they've settled in and we've never had any trouble

Back