• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Benji, He's going in for an Xray- he seems worse U/D He's gone

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Our little Benjie has not been well for the last few of weeks or so :cry: He's being treated for snuffles & a chest infection, as well as mucus that has been coming out of his bottom :cry:

We had to take him back to the vets tonight, as we noticed he had stopped eating & seems to have lost a fair bit of weight :cry: He also seems to have gone downhill overnight. He's had a penicillan injection, as the septrin he's been on has not made any difference to him. he's also got to go back tomorrow for a chest xray as our vet isn't sure if there is something else that is stopping him from improving after a few weeks on septrin :cry:

I'm just praying that he will be ok & that they don't find anything - I hope my superstitions of it being Friday 13th don't bring Benjie & us any bad luck :cry::cry::cry:

I'd be grateful if anyone could send Benjie some vibes please, in the hope that he will be ok xx

Last edited:
Benjie says thanks so much everyone, he's trying to be a big brave boy - but he feels so rotten he just doesn't know what to do with himself :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry you're still feeling poorly Benjie. Sending lots of vibes your way, sweet little man. xx

Aww :love:

Lots of vibes for tomorrow Benji - i shall be thinking of you. Hope everything goes ok xXx

Thanks guys - just been to check on Benjie & he seems worse than ever :cry: I don't think the penicilin has done anything for him overnight - he's wee'd himself again & is covered in mucus again all over his bottom :cry::cry::cry: He has eaten & poo'd but I've just got a really horrible feeling about today & that we might lose him - god I'm praying that we don't. Bracken will be so upset if we do, as he's her 3rd husbun - our poor wee babies :cry::cry:

Oh Denise what a terrible worry for you.Im really preying for Benjie sending mega vibes his way and a big hug for you

Thanks Sarah, I hope we have some positive news at the vets because at the moment, I think his quality of life is going downhill rapidly :cry:

Our vet Jane called me about an hour ago - we've very sadly decided to let our little man go to the bridge :cry:

Jane did the xray & found a mass in his abdomen & said that his stomach & bladder were no longer functioning properly. She also found infection in his lungs & said there appeared to be a small mass near his heart. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm gutted & I've just phoned Mark to let him know. We both know it's for the best to have let Benjie go, but I can't believe I'll be putting a post in the RB section again, so soon after losing Jemima. Bracken is going to be devastated as it's her 3rd husbun she's lost in 2 years.

Sleep tight Benjie, run free at the bridge with your friends xxx

Back