• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham was meant to be a busy weekend ....

janice

Wise Old Thumper
... Donna had got her maths wrong and had booked for me a number of bondings.

I have Bean coming on Sunday whilst his owners jet off to Vagas who is to be bonded with Rosie who is being fostered by CAzzap.

I was meant to be bonding Chutney to someones female bun. However the lady wanting him has cried off and wants me to do them next weekend.

I was meant to be rebonding a pair of buns whom had fallen our but having spent some time talking to their owner I think I worked out why they were fighting. It was all related to the sheets on her bed where she had been rubbing something into her husbands back due to him having back pain. The only place they would fight and be aggressive to each other and their owner would be if they were on the bed. Since suggesting that this might be the problem and them keeping this product to one place where the buns are not allowed it appears that things have settled.

I have two female buns coming in tomorrow following the death of their owner via the RSPCA and also a young unneutered male rex.

I also have 2 lovely lops Buka who is going to become Buddy and his lovely lop eared girlfriend. Buka and his girl friend arrived not long before 8pm

fjm5a1.jpg
A lovely female bun with attitude and complaining by lunging at Buka as he is not giving her the fuss and attention that she feels she deserves. She is playing hard to get but you can see she wants to make friends. I am convinced she will be the boss.

Meet Buka
2ii8thu.jpg
a young silky male who just wants to be groomed ... whilst he does look rather nervous he is happy to eat and also groom himself.

Awww, they look sweet. Is he the chap who is called Buker on the website?

Never mind, if Helen knows him, he must be the one. He looks darker on the website. :D

When is Lizzie going to be bonded?

Awww, they look sweet. Is he the chap who is called Buker on the website?

Never mind, if Helen knows him, he must be the one. He looks darker on the website. :D

When is Lizzie going to be bonded?

Yeah, haven't met Buker but have been admiring him from afar on the site. Check out his roman nose.

I am due to start bonding Lizzy at some point at the beginning of next week. Her new husbun is coming up to board on Saturday and I will start as soon as my back passage is free! That should be Sat/Sunday.

His name is Kipu - here's a picture.

Kipu.jpg
[/IMG]

Awww, a koala bunny. :D Perfect for Lizzie. :) I hope it goes well, she has been waiting for a home for quite a while. Must have been several months since we brought her and her babies up from Wakehurst.

Awww, a koala bunny. :D Perfect for Lizzie. :) I hope it goes well, she has been waiting for a home for quite a while. Must have been several months since we brought her and her babies up from Wakehurst.

I just hope that Janice can chuck some of her bonding fairy dust my way!

He was a stray brought into a vet, emaciated and rank with ear mites. His new mummy just happened to be a client at the practice and couldn't say no.... Can't wait to meet him.

ooooooooo im sending bonding fairy dust all round guys very busy weekend for all of you,

A dab of banana has done nothing so far, they are happy to sit near each other, we have had one scuffle so far but generally they are doing the ignore each other idea at the moment.

Overnight we have had a couple of scuffles which have stopped by themselves and not requiring any interference. Buddy (Buka) is a little bolder today and will sit almost next to his intended, after a few minutes of being ignored he wanders off.

They are both comfortable to do things by themselves and also swapping over who sits in each of the litter tray. I think in themselves they are more settled and appear more happier to go nearer each other. so whilst we have no licking or grooming, I do think that they are more settled.

No scuffles at all this afternoon :D Everything is calm and progressing in the right direction. Lots of grooming of themselves but no attempt at each other yet. Lots of eating of hay.

Generally I feel pretty positive.

Hello :wave:

I have been following your thread since I dropped Peggy and Buker off with you last night. Your little video of them was quite comical with Buker merrily munching through his hay and Peggy in the background still looking bewildered and quite serious. I was glad to hear that things are steadily progressing this afternoon and there haven't been any more scuffles. Looking forward to seeing your next update, hope it's a good one :).

Vicki

:wave: Tonight instead of Peggy being the boss, Buddy has tried to take control, Peggy has calmed a lot and things definately seem to be heading in the right direction. Buddy tries to snuggle next to Peggy and then flops right on his side which worries me as he looks dead. I definately think they are progressing.

Overnight everything has been very very quiet, Buddy often gives a quick one lick to Peggy and then he is off. Peggy is following Buddy about at times and seems a little dependent on him, the strange thing was that she was the confident one at the start.

Vikki is planning to collect them tomorrow morning, however if they could go home today if need be.

Back