• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny lost weight

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
My bunny was 1.53kg when last weighed but when I took him to vets yesterday he was 1.5kg.

Could this just be due to slight inaccuracies in weighing- he is a bit of a fidget, or should I be worried that he has lost a bit of weight?

Has you vet checked your buns teeth?I would not be unduly worried as we have had such cold weather and your bun has had to use a lot of energy just to keep warm

He is an indoor bunny so isnt out in the cold. He had his teeth checked and they were fine. He is eating as usual- in fact he would eat my arm if i lef tit in his house long enough!

Thanks! I might take him back in a week and have him weighed again just to make sure he isnt loosing anymore! Its so hard to tell by looking at him!

Edit- just realised its 2.5 he is now and was 2.53! Not 1.5! lol Its the other one that is only 1.6!

Back