• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed with sweet dispositions... which one?

I'm looking at a rescue and they have several breeds. I was just wondering if there is a certain breed known for it's sweet disposition.

Dutch, Rex, Mini Rex, Polish

Last edited:
Polish are anything but sweet natured i can tell you that :shock:
Dutch if thier well handled from youngsters
Mini rex can be alittle spitfirey
and again Rexs can be funny i find this with orange particurly can be flighty/headshy if thier not handled regulary

I *think* Polish are known for being tempremental and moody buns in general for very experienced owners only

I *think* Polish are known for being tempremental and moody buns in general for very experienced owners only

Not only that they are like a bar of soap to hold and as they are so delicate if you grab that little bit hard or misplaced you can crush vital organs. i wont even steward them at shows as im a heavy handed lass and dont fancy my fingures in plasters either:roll:

I'd say you couldn't have named four breeds further from sweet if you tried :lol: - but that's just my personal experience and a gross generalisation

my 2 mini rexes are sisters - one is mega sweet, the other more shy and flighty - i reckon its all pretty individual! i dont think any of the breeds you listed are particularly chilled to be honest!

My sweetest buns are my mini lops and my lionheads, oh and my nethie lol in fact all except Humphrey who is a black unknown lop breed and Seb who is a mini rex and manic but neither will bite you. xx

All I know is that Dutch bunnies are very naughty - that is to say they are very intelligent and curious which gets them into trouble! :lol:

But then our Deej is so sweet I can never hold anything against him for more than 5 minutes (OH managed to stay grumpy for a whole evening once though)! :lol:

Back