• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dog crates for students....

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
One of my recent animal handling classes involved building and comparing various cat baskets, pet carriers and dog crates

in order to fully appreciate the size and comfort of a dog crate, we thought we would try one out for ourselves....

studentcage1.jpg

Thats me at the back (with the oddly glowing face!) - first in and most squashed, but we reckon we could still have got another person in there!

studentcage2.jpg

I think hannah (nearest the camera) regretted wearing a skirt that day though!

lol brilliant, altough i should think there is plenty of people out there who deserve to be shoved into a tiny crate.

Haha brilliant!

I have a photo of my best mate sat comfortably in a dog crate demomstrating its vast size!! :lol:

:lol:

When I building a shelf for Carlton's crate at Uni, my 6'3" friend got in it and I shut the door... he started to properly panic! :shock::lol:

Is that a 48" crate?

Lol brilliant :lol:

of course! gotta go with the RWA minimum standards! :lol: didnt have a cushion or base tho, so my bum got a bit sore after a while, and it knackered your knees getting back out!

We did get Bob, who is about 6ft, into a 42" one....i'll search for the photo...

:lol::lol: thats hilarious!

is it a 48"? it looks like the one ive just bought..its gona take over my kitchen!!

The top one is, with the 4 girls in. The bottom one i think was about 3 foot square. It was harder to get into as well though because the door was smaller (Bob was bigger!) and it had the mother of all clips on it! We could have got out of the big one if we wanted to, but there was no way Bob could have!!

I was quite surprised exactly how big a 48" was - takes up more room than i imagined! But i can now see how good they would be as a cage!

The top one is, with the 4 girls in. The bottom one i think was about 3 foot square. It was harder to get into as well though because the door was smaller (Bob was bigger!) and it had the mother of all clips on it! We could have got out of the big one if we wanted to, but there was no way Bob could have!!

I was quite surprised exactly how big a 48" was - takes up more room than i imagined! But i can now see how good they would be as a cage!

crikey! its definitely going to over take my kitchen! :lol:
can't wait to set it all up though! xx

Back