• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training please help

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

Not sure if anyone has any ideas here is the problem:

We have Lola she is a 18mth old house rabbit. When we got her she was beautifully litter trained for about 9 months then just stopped using the litter tray.

We have tried new litter trays, new types of litter (sawdust etc), rewarding her when she uses it but no she still wees whereever she feels like (within her cage).

But sometimes she will use the litter tray for 2-3 days before stopping again!

Really cant figure out the problem! She is happy and clean but i am worried about her lying in the wee and poos.

She has been checked by the vets and there is nothing wrong, just very puzzeled and run out of ideas!

She never does poos out of her cage just everywhere in it.

Thanks in advance.

Is she neutered? If not maybe she stopped using the tray when the hormones kicked in, it makes a big difference:)

everywhere she pees place a tray over it. plus they like sitting in their tray will eating hay, so place it near their wrack or put hay into it. might help.

hi we have even tried that but she picks up (she is ridiculosy strong) and chucks the litter tray out of the way and squeezes into a tiny corner to wee. also if we put her hay in the tray she takes a mouthful and hops oit of the tray to eat it where she would like! Thanks again though.

she really is so lovely and this makes her sound like a horror that she really isnt just cant crack this litter tray issue!

lol o dear, hopefully someone else might have a trick up their sleeve, i've been very fortunate with my too, petal pees everywhere too but she always pees in the potty aswell, she just pees alot and is lazy :lol:

thanks, yeah it might just be laziness with Lola and then i can deal with it just means washing her beddding everyday which costs a lot and surely she cant like lying in her own wee!! your two are beautiful!

Back