• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The perfect couple?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I have at last managed to bond Dumpling and Fidget :D:D Dumpling is a 5 year old nethie who has fought uterine cancer, multiple mammery cysts and an awful infection. She was rescued by Tree and fostered and brought back to health by Steph. Fidget is a 1 year old freecycle bunny with a head tilt that was rescued by Becky :)

The bonding was a little tricky as they tried to tear each others faces off but are now completely loved up. Please ignore all the poo in the pen, I left it there deliberately to get them use to each others smells, but they will be having a good clean out today.

I am so pleased for them as neither have had company before. Except Dumpling came here to be with Hector, but he died a couple of months later and she has now been on her own again for 3 months.

Here are the special couple

HPIM1578.jpg

Fidget washing Dumpling

HPIM1581.jpg

Dumpling washing Fidget

HPIM1583.jpg

HPIM1584.jpg

HPIM1585.jpg

HPIM1586.jpg

Awwww wonderful!!! :love::love::love::love:
Liz please tell me how they went from trying to take each others face off to this?!?! Please please tell me what you did!!!!

I put them in a bonding pen with a divide down the middle for 3 days and swapped them over daily with no cleaning out so they got use to each others smells :)

Oh, that's great news and what lovely pics. :D I used to have a chinchilla nethie, so I have a soft spot for this couple. :love::love:

Awww Liz!! My heart melted when i saw these piccys!! :love::love:

They look like theyve been together forever :love:

Well done to you and Steve :D xXx

Awww Liz!! My heart melted when i saw these piccys!! :love::love:

They look like theyve been together forever :love:

Well done to you and Steve :D xXx

:love::love: I am so pleased for them both.

Poor Fidget is knackered today, he has been asleep in a litter tray most of the time. He was very over amorous yesterday and it has obviously taken it out of him :lol::lol::lol:

I am hoping to move them back into Dumplings cage at the weekend and then he will be getting plenty of free range time in the bedroom every day. Not sure how we will fidget proof it though, he is so tiny he can fit in the smallest hole:?

Back