• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

abby's eyes any advice?

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
Hi
Im not sure if anyone will remember recently my wee sick bunny abby who was at deaths door three weeks ago and got the all clear from the vets yesterday and her weight and everything is on the up and vet very pleased with her although we still dont know what itwas that was wrong.

Anyway the only thing yesterday she was a little concerned with was the fact that her eyes looked a little red but asked me if normally like that i said not really but she said as there was no discharge at all she wasnt concerned and as she was so lively and alright in her self was happy with her but to keep an eye on her obviously.

Well today when we were giving her her panacur i feel her eyes along the sides do look red more red than they were yesterday and wondered if anyone any ideas as to what it could be, we feel that it was possibly e coli or something similar she might have had but vet not really sure could that be anything to do with her eyes being like this

I am going to phone vets tomorrow and if needed take her back just wondered if anyone any ideas id be grateful if you have.

thanks again
gill:(

I think you mean E Cuniculi rather than E Coli :)

She may have conjuncivitis. Some antibiotic eye drops should sort it out.

E Cuniculi usually effects the lens of the eye rather than the eye lids. This can result in the formation of cataracts and/or uveitis. But your description of Abby's 'red eyelids' does not sound like either condition.

Is Abbie Vaccinated against Myxomatosis ?

Back