• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bob Martin Ivermectin Spot On

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone please tell me the best place to get this from online please, his recent stresses have caused Mack to develop a case of mites :(.

Can anyone please tell me the best place to get this from online please, his recent stresses have caused Mack to develop a case of mites :(.

I haven't been able to find anywhere good that sells it online unfortunately. I normally purchase from P@H. Sorry not much help

The one they sell in pets at home has invermectin and its £4 for 4 tubes :D I havent used it but it should work as it contains invermectin :D

EDT: its the Beapher one

You don't want the Bob Martin one - unless they've changed it, it's not ivermectin, but pyrrethrins (or however it's spelled!) Beaphar is the ivermectin one.

Oh hang on, I've just seen your links - the browny coloured spot on is definitely a pyrrethrins-based one, not ivermectin. I don't know about the blue one. I'd definitely go for the Beaphar one if I were you.

Check out the ivermectin stuff from the Rat Warehouse:
http://www.ratwarehouse.com/shop_view.php?cat=11

Asda sell it if your in the uk.
The have a £5 delivery charge as well though so if you needed to do your shopping too..?
It costs £2.88 I believe .
I always get my shopping delivered since we had to sell our car, it works out the same mind if we went in a car for petrol so no loss there really, plus the stress of shopping is also relieved.

The one at asda is the one with ivermectin too. I obviously couldn't see the packaging as you cant online so I emailed them (Bob Martin) through their website and they assured me it was ivermectin.

Last edited:
Rabbit keeps licking his Invermectin

Hi, just been reading these posts. Put a couple of tubes of Invermectin (both rabbits over 500g) on my lops (Pasha has got stressed and is getting itchy up there and Calypso is just a precaution) and Calpyso got so upset he's trying to lick it off! I've put it behind his ears and on the scruff on the neck as it says but im worried if they lick is it harmful at all? He's stopped now i think...I hope...

Back