• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid questions..

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Ok i know these are really stupid questions but just a few things i do need to ask. I need to know the answers just coz i'd like to understand my bunny a bit more.. don't laugh :oops:

My bunny has had a wet nose for a few days..im sure it wasn't wet before. There's no discharge or anything, no behavioural changes or anything to show signs of illness. So i presume this is normal?

Also do rabbits ONLY brux when they are stressed/in pain? Or can they do it when they are happy? He like.. chews and bruxes when i stroke him.

Another thing is when he growls does this always mean aggression? like "raaar im gunna bite you?" coz sometimes he charges me with his ears flat and growls and then binkies lol. Talk about confusing me.

Is it ok that he is territorial? Usually when i put my hand in his run he will charge me and growl. He's scratched me and "bitten" me before (which was more of a mouth and didnt even leave a mark) He is neutered.

Ok i know these are really stupid questions but just a few things i do need to ask. I need to know the answers just coz i'd like to understand my bunny a bit more.. don't laugh :oops:
in rabbit care no question is stupid

My bunny has had a wet nose for a few days..im sure it wasn't wet before. There's no discharge or anything, no behavioural changes or anything to show signs of illness. So i presume this is normal?no this isnt normal has he been in a heated room? drinking from a water bowl or some other reason he could have a wet nose? i would take tovets otherwise

Also do rabbits ONLY brux when they are stressed/in pain? Or can they do it when they are happy? He like.. chews and bruxes when i stroke him. not sure what a brux is do you mean teeth grinding? this can be when in pain or when really happy likea purr when you stroke them

Another thing is when he growls does this always mean aggression? like "raaar im gunna bite you?" coz sometimes he charges me with his ears flat and growls and then binkies lol. Talk about confusing me. yes growling is aggressive its a warning and ears flat back is aggression to is bun neutered? could be hormones confusing him/her

Is it ok that he is territorial? Usually when i put my hand in his run he will charge me and growl. He's scratched me and "bitten" me before (which was more of a mouth and didnt even leave a mark) He is neutered.
territorial is normal particularly in unnueterd bun. its ok but its a hsame he feels so worked up about it...my dora si spayed and is stil lterrritorial so i know it doenst cure all buns of this issue. i would also get checked out by a vet in case the aggression is a sign of a hidden illness..../ oh i jsut read he is neutered could be like dora then and not like people... nb she is fine with rabbits tho and istnt aggressive to other buns...just me!!!

territorial is normal particularly in unnueterd bun. its ok but its a hsame he feels so worked up about it...my dora si spayed and is stil lterrritorial so i know it doenst cure all buns of this issue. i would also get checked out by a vet in case the aggression is a sign of a hidden illness..../ oh i jsut read he is neutered could be like dora then and not like people... nb she is fine with rabbits tho and istnt aggressive to other buns...just me!!!

he is usually ok :) He only gorlws and charges if he's in a mood or if he's in his cage, i will just make sure to be quicker than him. Out of his cage he is a sweety unless he is in a mood for some reason or other lol.

His nose.. hmm i dont know why his nose is slightly wet. He is in a heated room. It could be a temperature change as i bring him into the front room and it's slightly warmer there. He only has his bottle to drink out of.

He is totally energetic and insane as usual, running around and binkying like crazy. I need to get his VHS vac done so i may ask for a check up then :)

I found this website to be very informative, (and sometimes quite humourous) about bunny behaviour. It might explain some of your bunny's actions....
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/rabbittalk_intro.html

One of my buns used to growl whenever you put a hand anywhere near her. This was fear of being picked up, and with a few months of just stroking, and gaining her confidence she has stopped doing it. She is now a very friendly bun, and comes up for a stroke. (Still doesn't like to be picked up though!)

Give your bun some time to learn you are not an enemy. Some patience, and hand-feeding and stroking will get there in the end.

I found this website to be very informative, (and sometimes quite humourous) about bunny behaviour. It might explain some of your bunny's actions....
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/rabbittalk_intro.html

One of my buns used to growl whenever you put a hand anywhere near her. This was fear of being picked up, and with a few months of just stroking, and gaining her confidence she has stopped doing it. She is now a very friendly bun, and comes up for a stroke. (Still doesn't like to be picked up though!)

Give your bun some time to learn you are not an enemy. Some patience, and hand-feeding and stroking will get there in the end.

hmm well i think he will always growl at me when i go into his cage. Afterall it is HIS home and he probably associates me with disturbing him and also feeding him so he may just get over excited and it comes out as aggression.

I will look at that link thankyou :) I do like to understand why animals do what they do lol.

It's strange how he charges me and then binky's as if being happy :? thats what confuses me haha. is he happy, is he angry? make your mind up!! lol

could a slight change in temp cause the slightly wet nose? Or maybe because he is running around.. just brainstorming lol

thankyou so much for that link, it was extremely interesting! can't wait to try out some of the techniques hehe :)

I now understand why he does everything and what he's trying to tell me :)

Back