• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding people advice please.....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Jigsaw my frenchie lost his sister puzzle about 5 weeks ago:cry::cry:, they were so closely bonded that when she was poorly he used to lunge at me to stop me trying to get to her:cry:,

when i lost puzzle, jigsaw became very deprest so i bonded him with orchid a little nethie, she is a dental bun so is permanent, all went well at 1st they have been together several weeks now and the last couple of days jigsaw seems really down:roll: he wont come out of the hutch and explore the garden and she seems to keep going for him:cry:

there has been no mutual grooming at all if anything they just seem to tolerate each other:cry:

should i split them and possibly look for another girlie to go with him or leave them together and hope they eventually learn to love each other

help....... i dont know what to do for the best:?

I think if there has been no signs of love or a hint of it in a few weeks, then i would try with another girlie. xx

yes but then im faced with another problem, we have no girls in at the moment so it would mean I would need to adopt from another rescue:lol::lol:

a bunny run wont be needed then ;) i guess ill just have to pluck up the courage to drive all that way myself;)

You can meet the lovely Bramble too!
And my 4 little devils!! And if Ferg pig is still at yours, he can come along :D (The couple have been waiting so anxiously for news on the pig front!! Im bonding their two buns to two girlies here)

Fine by me :D:D
Most girlies are on my site, apart from Blacki, who is a black lionhead, and Ollie who is already pending a homecheck at the start of March :) If you let me know who you think may be compatible/suitable etc, as some arent speyed yet ;)

If Jigsaw has changed in the past couple of days are you sure he isn't ill, that can also cause partners to attck especially if they haven't been together long.
I would get him checked out by a vet before doing anything else :D

If Jigsaw has changed in the past couple of days are you sure he isn't ill, that can also cause partners to attck especially if they haven't been together long.
I would get him checked out by a vet before doing anything else :D

That's just what I was thinking. Good luck if all's well though, and the bonding goes well:)

no he was seen by the vet yesterday and got a clean bill of health:D:D his appetite is fine and his pooh,s are normal ;) looking at him today i think he,s just missing his sister and i need another big bun may be a better companion than orchid:?

hmm maybe jsut apersonality clash. could you possibly try him with another male first? to save oyou going elsewhere? or do you not think that would work? good luck in making jigsaw happy what about bringing him in as a single house bun? x

he has never been on his own and i feel its unfair now to give him a life without a mate:? even as a house rabbit there is a girlie out there somewhere that will be his soul mate im sure:D:D

Back