• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help pulling masses of fur U/D all ok just another phantom pregnancy

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Daisy had a phantom pregnancy about a month ago! She built a nest and a token piece of fur Tonight they'd just had dinner I left Daisy binkying in the hall I heard a thump and went out to find her pulling loads of fur from belly and chest!!! But she hasn't attempted to make a nest or put the fur anywhere?Shes 5 months due to be spayed start Mar Is this just hormones shes stamping and charging around with a huge mouth of fur Ive put her in their cage! Could it be anything other than another phantom?

Last edited:
Well I hope it's just that! But shes a nightmare it took days for her hormones to die down last time she humped poor Dudley non-stop now shes just tried to help herself to his fur!! She seemed very stressed at being shut in as they are now free range so I let her out she went full tilt up the stairs and dropped the fur under a rug by my office door!!! Of all the places to build a nest!

Poor little thing shes backed herself right into a corner and is teeth grinding! She didn't do this before so Im somewhat worried :-(

This should be in the health/behaviour section I just paniced and posted on what section I had open :oops:

before dora was spayed she was a nightmare.. she would litrally sit on the decking and rip(and you could hear it ripping ) her fur out of her then she would squeak as she pulled it out i woudl be in tears watching her... i tried to stop her she would bite me... she got these phantoms so regualrly(probly becauase her neutered sister insisted on humping her) that her belly was red raw...i had her booked in for spay upon finding a competant vet and they stopped after that.. the poor bun didint really even need ehr tummy to be shaved as she had plucked it all out the only thing icould distract her from it by was feeding her extra veg and a treat ball

Mine had a phantom pregnancy last week. She was spayed on friday so hopefully she won't have anymore. She pulled a load of fur out and made a nest inside a cardboard box. She also gathered loads of hay up in her mouth and newspaper to make the nest. I just left her to it. She stopped building the nest after a couple of days and was back to her normal self.

It was a bit of a shock mainly coz she had been absolutely fine one min before! I was at work when she started her first phantom pregnancy and she built a nest of hay first then put a tiny bit of fur in. This time she was pulling fur like nobodys business it was awful to watch so I freaked thinking it might be something else. However, shes calmed down now and keeps going back to her nest. This morning I think she thought she was feeding them!!! I posted a few piccies..

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=167850

Fortunately, she is not agressive towards me and loved having her nose stoked during her phantom labour. She was squished in the corner teeth grinding and making little noises.

Back