• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drake and Josh are on a Diet.

Awww Jack *Hugs*

What do you feed them? I got told Ronnie was fat last time he went to the vets :? Hes far from it though :) xXx

Did the vet say how much weight they need to lose Jack?

They don't look overly huge and I'm sure they'll soon lose the extra if you drop down their pellets - most people recommend giving roughly an eggcup full each bun per day. :)

:lol::lol: Bless ya!

That sounds fine :) I give Lottie and George nearly a whole rabbit bowl of pellets a day :oops: *waits to get stones throwed at her* Theyre not overweight at all :)

Your not a **** bunny dad at all!! Your wonderful Jack - your buns are spoilt rotten! :lol: xXx

Thanks Everyone:)

Well, don't shout at me or anything :)oops:) but They should weigh 3 - 3.5

Drake weighs - 4.6
Josh weighs - 4.3

I know thats bad, and I am soo angry at myself.

:shock: There as big as my Lolly!! :lol:

Bless ya Jack. Im sure they'll loose it slowly. Could you change them over to the Excel Lite? and give them maybe half of what they normally have :)

Tell them to eat more hay!! :lol:

*Hugs* xXx

:shock: There as big as my Lolly!! :lol:

Bless ya Jack. Im sure they'll loose it slowly. Could you change them over to the Excel Lite? and give them maybe half of what they normally have :)

Tell them to eat more hay!! :lol:

*Hugs* xXx

:cry:

Ive put them lots of hay in so they can munch more on that, and I'll tell my mum about the pellets:)
Thanks so much x x

Jack:)

Becky86;2966339* said:
waits to get stones throwed at her*

:lol::lol::lol:

Jack, don't be angry with yourself - you have noticed now and you can change things. ;);)

Do they feel overweight too? I read that you should be able to feel the spine and hips and they should have a thin covering of fat over their bones so they're not protruding - something like that but it was explained much clearer :oops: will see if I can find it. Just saying, as I know that it's hard to go by guide weights because each rabbit can vary so much from the breed standard. If Drake and Josh are big dwarf lops, then they don't need to lose as much weight as you would think.

:lol::lol::lol:

Jack, don't be angry with yourself - you have noticed now and you can change things. ;);)

Do they feel overweight too? I read that you should be able to feel the spine and hips and they should have a thin covering of fat over their bones so they're not protruding - something like that but it was explained much clearer :oops: will see if I can find it. Just saying, as I know that it's hard to go by guide weights because each rabbit can vary so much from the breed standard. If Drake and Josh are big dwarf lops, then they don't need to lose as much weight as you would think.

Yep, I can feel their spine under like a thin layer. The vet just said about it because she said they have big Dewlaps:?

Jack x

How Much:shock: Blimey they have put a lot on over the winter Jack. Drake was 3.6 and Josh 3.4 last time they were here. They get a bowl with literally the bottom just covered with their pellet when they are here, the rest is Hay and some herbs. Will make sure they get loads of run time whilst here and a chase round the garden - will do me good too:lol:

How Much:shock: Blimey they have put a lot on over the winter Jack. Drake was 3.6 and Josh 3.4 last time they were here. They get a bowl with literally the bottom just covered with their pellet when they are here, the rest is Hay and some herbs. Will make sure they get loads of run time whilst here and a chase round the garden - will do me good too:lol:

:shock::shock: Ommgg:cry:

I have given them not even half of the usual veg they have, so their diet has oficially started:lol:

Back