• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i stop myself worrying so much- bunny ocd?

jennyp

Warren Scout
argh, its driving me mad, im constantly worrying that theres something wrong with my 2. Its got worse after betsy's recent stasis episode ( the 2nd one in 6 months) and i just cant seem to relax when im away from them at work incase theres something wrong. Im constantly worried that i will get home one day and one or both of them will be dead.

Its a bit irrational i know and my sensible side tells me that they are fine...i wont leave for work until ive seen tem both eating and they have both pooed...luckily they have a habit of eating pellets, going for a run and then using their outside tiolet so i can check this pretty easliy.

My issue is that if they do anything other than this i start to worry that something may be wrong....for example thelma did something unusual this morning and went a laid down in her run instead of going for binky round the garden and ive been worrying all day that shes ill/ had stasis or something similar...husband has just got home from work and checked on them and they are both fine (as i knew they would be based on my routine every morning).
can someone please tell me that im not the only one who worried about the rabbits all the time ( or maybe tell me that i need help if i am!!) - do you think i have bunny ocd?

thanks
Gen

I may be a bit ocd about my Daisy too :oops:. She was quite poorly recently and I'm ultra cautious now and I keep a very close eye on her. Just to add to my embarrasment, I don't even have the excuse of being away at work as I work/study from home :oops::oops:. Anything slightly abnormal and I worry.

So at least it's not just you, I can keep you company in the 'bunny ocd' thing :lol:

glad im not on my own i get with all my pets drives my O/H mad!:lol:

I can relate to that, when Daisy was getting better but still not 100% I sent my o/h several panicky texts when I was convinced she was getting worse again. He had to leave a meeting at work once to call me, and I had to apologetically explain that '5 mins ago I thought she was dying, now she's fine' :oops::lol:

At least it's not just me then! :oops:

I am constantly examining poos, and waiting for every mouthful to be eaten properly before I relax!:roll:

Im terrible too, always have been but have been super worse in the last week since losing Rory :(

Im the same, in peaks & troughs though. Sometimes Im completely chilled, but others I'll just have to go and check them at that precise second - Im always diving out of the shower to run & have a look at them out the window :oops::lol:

i have it too.. thats why i have a webcam and get the peeps of RU to check my bunnies when i cant get home at lunch time :oops::oops:

i dont think theres a way to overcome it neither if youve had the experience of stasis.. its so scary :(

I think i have bunny OCD, called my mum this morning to make sure i'd locked the bunnies up properly, had a minor panick attack on bus.
Of course, i had!

I think it gets better over time. We have a very well defined routine, so I know the bunnies are fine. Any deviation from their normal behaviour and I know to worry!

I'm exactly the same - in fact I'm a bloody nightmare with my bunnies & I thought it would get better the more bunnies we had, but it's not :oops::oops::oops: I think our vets think I've got munchausens by proxy for our bunnies :oops::shock::oops: (The illness where you make your children poorly for attention) :shock::shock::shock:

Mind you having 20 buns I suppose I could be excused for being at the vets a lot :lol::lol::lol:

My buns never allow me the opportunity to lull into a false sense of security...for example today, just as I was prepared to think of Juno as recovered, a quick check is showing the beginning of an inflammatory response on her spey wound. :roll: :(

That'll be two to the vets again tomorrow then!

If you find out let me know :lol:

If you want advice on setting up a webcam type situation so you can check on them from work just ask :)

Mine are out in the shed but i would love some sort of camera set up to keep an eye on them...don't know if the only way is a baby monitor camera...as obviously there is no computer out there...?!

Hubby and I have been 'joking' about a webcam to calm some of my stress and so he can see what they do at night. I am utterly pathetic. One day I took Huppie to the vet because I was CERTAIN she had mites. I got her there and he said, where, I don't see anything. I couldn't find the problem when I was there :oops: He was very lovely and didn't charge for the 'examination' and said that it is better to check than have a sick bunny but still...he says they aren't my babies. They so totally are :lol:

I am getting better but any slight deviation in their behavious and I panic like mad. Unfortunately, I am always changing things for them because they move about more if I do so I can never really tell what they 'should' be doing :oops::lol::?

Emma

Mine are out in the shed but i would love some sort of camera set up to keep an eye on them...don't know if the only way is a baby monitor camera...as obviously there is no computer out there...?!

seriously good idea but i woulndt ever get any work done!!! -
im off on maternity leave in a few weeks so at least i will be at home so i can pop in and check in on them whenever i want :D

thanks for all the replies, its made me feel a bit more normal!!

All you need is to bring a power cable to the point where you want the camera. You can then either buy a network camera and also run a computer network cable to the camera or your can buy a wireless network camera and connect it to your wireless router.

Here is a wired network camera
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Edimax-IC-1500-wired-IP-camera-via-RJ45-Remote-Site-IP-Motion-Dection-Camera

And a wireless network camera
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Edimax-IC-1510WG-80211g-Wireless-Remote-Site-IP-Motion-Dection-Camera

You can also get outdoor ones but they cost more.

You would then be able to view your camera from any computer connected to your router. After a simple change on your router you would also be able to view it from any computer connected to the internet!

Oh cool! thank you!

Just been looking on ebay for something similar (to see if I can get it cheaper) and found this...any good or not do you think?
http://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Edimax-54G-Wireless-IP-Camera_W0QQitemZ230323684569QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Networking_SM?hash=item230323684569&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1701%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

If not, do you think I should go for the wireless one you posted, or should I shop around? (I haven't a clue what to look for tho!)

I haven't used the Edimax one myself but it's one of those cheap and cheerful brands. A linksys one would probably have better software and documentation but will be more expensive. I would probably go for the Edimax one.

Back