• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any experienced bonders seen this before?

Bunshine

Alpha Buck
Hey all,

Was just wondering what experienced bonders made of this bonding...

Took our castrated male (6 months old, was done three months ago) rabbit back to the rescue we got him from at the weekend and got him bonded with a lovely (currently un-neutered) one-year-old female bun. We were told to keep them together and only split them up if they fought seriously, which they haven't:angel:. They seem to be happy - there's a bit of humping from him but they are grooming each other and often sit with their heads together. The only thing that's worrying me is that my boy's always been amazing with his litter tray and now he sprays wee right on his new girlfriend!!! He gets it all over her!. Why is he doing this??:?

My boy does the same meaning my girly bun is a lovely orange wee colour. I guess its just the boys marking their territory and will stop once they are neutured. :D

Mine have often got messy when I've added a bun or if there's buns in the next room (bonders/boarders/fosters)

They mark everywhere but it soon settles:D

It's a good sign! He is just making sure she and any other buns that happen to pass by know she's taken! It'll most likely stop when he feels a little more secure in the relationship.
(Some buns will do this to their owners as well...):)

Thanks so much for the help, am so relieved that he hasn't just lost his mind! For some reason I naively had it in my head that he couldn't spray because he is neutered:oops:. Not sure I fancy him spraying me, much as I love him:lol:

Sorry blonde moment I missed the bit about him being neutured. Im getting my boy done next week and hoping the spraying stops :D

yup should settle once neutered as he will be firing blanks then :lol: take a few weeks mind but as long as shes tolorant of it it will be fine

Back