• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet shop disbelief

hilary

Warren Scout
except for my 1st 2 rabbits bought at p@h well before i found this forum ive never bought animals at pet shops.
my friend works in a pet shop and whether she thought she was helping as id been telling her about the 2rescues who had buns last wk and i now have 4bunnies she said to bring them to their shop and she would sell them but -AT 6WKS OLD!!!!!:shock::shock::shock: NOT that id even consider it because we rescue the rabbits to me the bunnies are rescued so to speak too.
but 6wks old i was horrified and went on a rant about they shouldnt even leave their mother by then etc needless to say she hasnt been in touch since. Is this illegal/is it common practice im just so disgusted at this

except for my 1st 2 rabbits bought at p@h well before i found this forum ive never bought animals at pet shops.
my friend works in a pet shop and whether she thought she was helping as id been telling her about the 2rescues who had buns last wk and i now have 4bunnies she said to bring them to their shop and she would sell them but -AT 6WKS OLD!!!!!:shock::shock::shock: NOT that id even consider it because we rescue the rabbits to me the bunnies are rescued so to speak too.
but 6wks old i was horrified and went on a rant about they shouldnt even leave their mother by then etc needless to say she hasnt been in touch since. Is this illegal/is it common practice im just so disgusted at this

i htink at 6weeks they are weaned however they do not have the ability to easily survive on their own until 8 weeks as are still learning from the mum and it is known that they should stay with mum till 8 weeks to be fully healthy and ready to go.... i think rahter than ranting explain nicely to her about the ins and outs about rabbit care as you say she may have been misinformed and tryign to help out... try the nicely nicely way first as it often yeilds better results x

I work in Acorn pet centre and they take in baby bunnies at 6 weeks and no matter what i say they dont listen :? atleast the customers wanting bunnies get sent to me so i can send them to a rescue :lol:

Back