• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie is a girl!!!!!!!!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so stupid Alfie never lets me examine his other end.... but ive been concerned ive seen no balls!! So today i got steve to hold 'him'........ he's a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive emailed his breeder!!

no trying to find an alternative.... im still in shock i cant believe it, you know ive just never thought to look, she has never let me and has long fur so i just trusted the breeder, im wondering whether she was picked up by mistake instead of the tom cat, shes registered as a tom on her papers!!! I feel so silly!!! :shock:

So the person that wanted a girl, got a tom? Whoopsy!
It's not your fault. Like you've said, puss wouldn't let you check anyways, and you trusted the breeder.

thats EXACTLY what happened to our "alfie".....who is now known as little miss Lily! :lol:

at least hes happy and healthy with you, thats the main thing!

:wave: i raise my hand, happened to me ted was meant to be a he. can't get it right everytime. i just kept her name cos i thought it was cute, they don't know any different and it was what ted was used to.

My Flopsy turned out to be a Floppy! Took me a while to get to know her as a him! lol I felt bad that he'd had several months of pink things to contend with poor bun :)

I'd keep the name Alfie or shorten it to the already mentioned Ally.

Wonder if the breeder got it completely wrong or is was a mix up? And someone now has a spraying little girl. :shock: That is a pretty elimentary (sp) mistake to make, cats are easy to sex. But like you said why should you check, a breeder told you it was a boy.

How old is the little one now?

i would notify the breeder just in case she did just make a genuine mistake and was selling another one on the same day and got her notes mixed and sold what she thought was a girl and is now a boy to someone else

I have emailed her, she wants me to get it confirmed by the vet and says she kept the only girl in the litter!! He doesnt smell tom catty and certainly has girl bits!! :roll: I feel so silly not to look properly earlier!! He's a year old now :oops:

Places are never good :( I've had 4 "females" that were actually male, next time I'm checking myself on the day :roll:

Oh god im not sure now, taking him/her to the vets tomorrow!!! If alfie is male then he's retaining both his testicles completely, but alfies anatomy looks so much like betulas!! Im so confused and feeling very silly :(

Please don't feel silly. It happened to me too. We purchased a lovely little girl bun from a local pet shop and called her Sandy (see my avitar). Once placed with our other little girl Sandy quickly revealed his true colours if you know what I mean. He was too lovable to take back so we kept them apart until old enough to be neutured and now they're living happily together with another lovely girl Heidi. I think the pet shop owner definitely knew Sandy was a male as I clearly recall her turning away from us when examining him. It's all turned out brilliant in the end though. I hope your situation also has a happy ending.

That's terrible (on the breeders part not yours), having worked with cats, they are easy peasy to sex. I've never come across 2 retained testicles in a Tom, but I have met an intersex cat... who was a bit of both. Has Alfie started 'calling'?, by 6 months a female would have. He/she is lovely whatever they are. :)

No need to be feeling silly, you listened to someone who should know. Tell you by a year though a little boy should be spraying and his neck nice and 'thick' like proper tom cat. I would have spent the last few months wondering when the spraying would have started and would have ended up thinking I had a :angel: cat!!

Let us know what the vet says, then the breeder. It would be interesting to know what has been going on.

We got our cat from a lady who thought she was a girl and took her to be speyed only to find out she was a he. We have Bailey because her other male cat wouldn't accept "her" and she couldn't understand why. Dont feel silly it isn't your fault.
Sallyx

Back