• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I really wish people would read this and take notice :-(...

:cry::cry::cry:
It makes me so sad to read things like that and im dreading easter time :(

I hope im working nearer easter time so i can try to get people to foster bunnies rather than buy bunnies or to not even get a bunny and get a chocolate egg instead :) It wont work but atleast i can try to spread the word :)

I know, im dreading it too......:cry:.... their will already be people thinking about buying a rabbit for their child.

Lets hope some people will listen...

So sad.Last year the garden centre by us had 2 does which had given birth in glass pens in the shop.As you can imagine it was a great crowd puller-"come and see the Easter bunnies"I felt so sorry for the does,imagine how stressful it must be for them to have their babies on display,lots of noisy children etc.If it happens this year I will have to say something:(

So sad.Last year the garden centre by us had 2 does which had given birth in glass pens in the shop.As you can imagine it was a great crowd puller-"come and see the Easter bunnies"I felt so sorry for the does,imagine how stressful it must be for them to have their babies on display,lots of noisy children etc.If it happens this year I will have to say something:(

That is awful :(:(:(:(.... I would have complained. Poor things xx

Did you see in the papers today, there's a woman in Ayrshire with a giant bun who's had 7 babies? She was saying what good pets for kids giant rabbits are - she also said that P@H sell theirs for £120 and she'll only be selling her's for £20-£30 and they'll make great Easter presents :cry:

Do you think I should write NOW to the company concerned?ie BEFORE any babies /pregnant does arrive,rather than cause any more stress to the mums.:(

I can almost hear what will be going on soon in houses across the land:

"Mum, mum, mum, can I have a rabbit mum... mum, muuuuuum, I'll feed it and clean it and everything... go on mum, mum please, please mum, mum, mummy, mummmmmmm.... mum please, go on, mum, mum, mummmmm, I'll never ask you for anything else ever if you just buy me a rabbit for easter... mum... mum.... muuuummmmm... please, mum, I want a baby rabbit for easter mum, please, mum... I want that really big one we saw in the garden centre last Sunday... mum, mum... it wont cost much mum as that smallest 3 foot hutch is only £30.... mum, mum, can I mum, please, mum..."

"NO, NOW SHUT THE :censored: UP"

*fit of hysterics*

"Oh, go and ask your dad then."

Shortly followed by:

"Are you going to clean the damn rabbit out you wanted or am I taking it to the RSPCA?"

"It's boring and it bites me... mum, can I not have a hamster instead? I'll look after it and feed it and everything and it is nearly Christmas..."

"Mum, mum, mum, can I have a rabbit mum... mum, muuuuuum, I'll feed it and clean it and everything... go on mum, mum please, please mum, mum, mummy, mummmmmmm.... mum please, go on, mum, mum, mummmmm, I'll never ask you for anything else ever if you just buy me a rabbit for easter... mum... mum.... muuuummmmm... please, mum, I want a baby rabbit for easter mum, please, mum... I want that really big one we saw in the garden centre last Sunday... mum, mum... it wont cost much mum as that smallest 3 foot hutch is only £30.... mum, mum, can I mum, please, mum..."

*fit of hysterics*

Shortly followed by:

"Are you going to clean the damn rabbit out you wanted or am I taking it to the RSPCA?"

"It's boring and it bites me... mum, can I not have a hamster instead? I'll look after it and feed it and everything and it is nearly Christmas..."

Spot on!!! exactly what will happen :cry:

I heard about the giant rabbit :evil:.... pooor babies..
I also read in paper that coronation stret are giving peter barlows son a rabbit :shock::evil:.... a "childs" pet :cry:

*fit of hysterics*

Shortly followed by:

I know I shouldn't but I think that's sooo funny - but sadly true :cry:

There are thousands of rabbits out there - sitting in hutches at the bottom of gardens - suffering unnecessarily from total boredom.

"This is worse than physical pain because there is no end to it.

I feel my heart break when I think about this. Things need to change :cry: :cry:

aw thats a really good post, hope people do read it but also take it in. would be nice to have something on the actual news over easter cos not many people go onto the BBCnews website.

I must admit I got a pair of bunnies around easter time when I was a kid. I had been pestering my parents for about a year though and helped my dad build a massive 4x8 double story hutch for them. (I couldn't reach the roof without a stepladder!)
They were awesome and I had them for 7 years until they died within about a week of each other. I was devistated.
Unfortunately, until we can get some massive publicity going then we're going to continue seeing poor buns kept in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden with no interaction from the people who bought them.
Any pets should be a parents responsibility. Makes me so mad. :censored:

has any rescue tried "sponser a bunny for easter"?? it may have been done already but it just popped into my head.like the dog ones who send pics etc??

Back