• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What endeared your bunny to you?

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Ive just been pondering this about my own lot and thought I may as well ask everyone! :wave:

Here are my little gangs enchantments that snared me:

Bessie - When she first arrived she was so violent and nervous but you could see she had a really kind eye and that is what made me fall for her instantly. :love:

Dallas - He is SO naughty!!!!! Will devastate anything that gets in his way! :love:

Phelix - He thinks he is a dog and he adores my dog Lenny. His trusting nature is very endearing! :love:

Arizona and Alaska - both so gentle and calm, its so relaxing being with them. :love:

Lola was just so tiny and so beautiful and in a scabby cage - I just could not leave her there.

NOw its her "Miss Diva" attitude - Lucy is calm and sweet natured x x

ive said before so sorry if its getting boring now :oops: i wanted the white smudgy bunny ste wanted the black one.... when we got the the place the bloke got the black one out and put him into my arms... he scratched me and i knew id got the demon i wanted :oops: i barely looked at the white one with smudges cus i knew the black one was coming home with us :love::love::love:

pearl is the opposite to Alvin and is shiny :love::love::love:, she reminds me so much of the way catswiskas used to describe her princess and i have one of my own right here... i love her greedyness too... its like i never feed her :lol::lol:

Bunnie hopped over to us and nudged Waynes finger with her nose and then lowered her head for his finger to rub her nose, she kept doing this to both of us for the next 20mins, I started welling up as wanted her and Wayne said to go tell them we want her before this boy and his mum could take her and shove her in a hutch:D

Molly was in a little plastic tub cage at the back of a petshop, all hidden away. It didn't/still doesn't sell pets but he had these rabbits dropped on him by a friend. I went over to them and said hello and Molly was licking my fingers. I walked away as i hadn't intended getting a rabbit, (I'd been looking for a degu cage. :lol: ) but I thought about him all day and the next went back and got him. :love:

Faline I got because I was contacting breeders to get more info on mini rex's. One lady had just had a litter, she showed me the show winners and these two fawn mini rexes that were no good for showing. Faline was the scraggly ugly looking one so I reserved her, we got her on the way back from my Nan's in London as the breeder happened to be down middlesborough way. :lol:

Honey I got from a breeder and there were two to choose from and I picked Honey because she liked to have her head rubbed and still does now. I must have picked the naughtiest one but I :love: her anyway.

Wesley I got from a rescue I had a choice of him or three brothers. He was a very nervous bunny when I got him but he has now come out of his shell and is a right cuddle bun the opposite to Honey :love:

Josie picked me! She grabbed hold of my trouser leg and tugged repeatedly until I agreed to take her home! Shes not stopper tugging to this day! Little Monster, but I love her! :love::love::love:

Hugo was from p@h - i had just lost my 2 boys to myxi & felt i needed another bunny to love, Hugo was being bullied by the others in his pen, his ears were covered in blooody scabs so i knew i had to have him :love:
Phoebe was from the p@h adoption centre, she looked so sad in there, i felt drawn to her, plus she was beautiful :love: I asked what her story was & was told she came in as a group of 8 as the owner was emmigrating, turns out shes a dental bun, which i suspect is the real reason she was handed in.Bless her, i'm so glad i got her & not someone who'd stuff her in a cage in the garden & leave her to starve :(

"He's not stopping, you know!" I told my mum when Frank arrived in a scabby little 4 foot hutch he'd half eaten. But just look at that ickle face - how could I let him go to some family with kids and him end up stuck at the bottom of a yard and only seen to when they remembered, like where he came from?

Here he was the day he arrived
Frank.jpg

I just loved him more the more his personality unfolded. He's so funny and totally fearless - when I split he kennel in two for a while and was hammering a mesh door over the hatch, he was sat about a foot behind me watching me. And of course when you didn't want a rabbit in the first place, the natural thing to do is go and get another. :lol: Hence Dulcie arrived to keep him company. She's just a hoot and despite missing the litter tray on a daily basis and widdling over the side, her acrobatic binkies, sitting on the shovel when I'm trying to clean the kennel out and funny little scuttling run never fail to make me laugh.

Lily was from p@h...she was tiny with these huge ears and feet that took over her body.. and she was on her own with two lion heads and i just fell in love with her straight away :love: she is so naughty now she runs absolute rings around me and is like a little shadow but i adore her!

Paddy is the total opposite.....he is so shy but so inquistive and happy with it. and i loved his little "elvis" quiff! <3

I got Buster from a breeder he had a few to choose from but buster choose me. He came to the front of his hutch and put his head under my hand for loves :love: i just looked at him and melted.I wanted all the buns but my husband said only ONE :evil: But i wouldnt be without him love him to bits :love::love::love:

Charlie was in a 3ft hutch in my Aunties garden after my cousin decided she didn't want him anymore.

Princess was his friend, she was a local girl looking for a new home due to 'allergies'. She is now at the bridge

I got Sophie she was one of three left, and the others were REW, which scare me. So Sophie was the one for me. But found out she was too young for Charlie, so the Search continued. I wasn't too sure whether to call her Sophie or Autumn, but went with Sophie.

I was looking on Freeads, and found a holiday place for rabbits who was rehoming a rabbit, as her previous family had split, and neither could keep her with them. Her name was Autumn, so I though it was fate who stepped in there, and Beth offered to do the bunny run for me :) (I will always be thankful) now she is spayed, both buns get on famously.

Granite, I fell for online (internet dating:roll::lol: ). I was persistent and patient. Again I will always be grateful to Jill and Amy for letting him come to live with me, and again I am grateful to Beth for doing the bunny run again :D.

Its was ogs and his brother - his brother was all over the place but i thought il hold them both and see. Ogs rested his head on me arm and was half falling asleepp :love: :love: :love:

Squidgy just arrived! He was left behind when a family moved away :cry: and a friend lived next door, rescued him and brought him to me. It was love at first sight, and I adore him as does my o/h (who wasn't an animal person when we met).

Salt and Pepper just looked so cute. I love nethies, and they had a cheeky look in their eye. Salt is a tough nut - he barges in with no finesse, whereas Pepper is a gentle soul and quite adventurous.

Pippin, well Pippin, one look at his picture and we were both smitten. He is the gentlest bunny you could meet, and such a clever bunny. We hope we can find him a girlfriend who shares his adventurous spirit.

Of my bridge bunnies, Flopsy and Patch were chosen for their looks :oops: pretty girls! Bobby as he was the last in the shop, a big grumpy bruiser and he was gorgeous. Nougat was the only girl at the rescue centre we went to, and Ruby was the prettiest girl ever, but she had been in rescue all her life and she was two and a half. They all had their individual personalities.

Noonoo - didn't choose was a quick rescue from a little girl
Phoenix - last one left that no-one wanted (i have no idea why)
Charlie - cutest bun ever, licks and snuggles as soon as you go near him
Pixie - tubbiest and cutest
Gem - the little one looking sorry for herself saying 'cuddle meee'
Bunty - owners didnt want her anymore and she was just tooo cute
Millie - no-one wanted her because she was all black
Scooby - fell in love online
Buttons - fell in love online

:)

To be honest, most of ours chose us. They ended up here for various reasons and stayed because we felt they would be at risk elsewhere. The 2 rabbits we really chose to keep were Smokey, who was such a lovely wee boy, but also had so much spirit and fought so hard for so long before we lost him.
The other rabbit who has stayed, just because we liked him, is Oddeye. He came with his 3 brothers, and we just fell in love with him, he is so curious and friendly. You have to be careful when you open the run door and he will hop out to say hello and I'm always worried something spooks him and he takes off.
I wouldn't be without any of them though.

biggles was a compromise as i so wished for a fluffy pet, but my partner at the time didnt like cats and we didnt have the time or space for a dog so i came home one day to a 12 weeks old grey cute fwuffly dutch my partner spents ages picking him and asking all the questions and the breeder drilled him and biggles picked him also being the runt of the litter

carrie because i hunted high and low for a female dutch for biggles and dispite her aggression shes a very pretty glossy lady

linus well he couldnt go after spending over a week sleeping on the floor and praying he would get better he was so nervous and small and so picked a girl who had been with arc for a while and is a perfect big protective fluffy warm wife for him

doc was my sons fault i vowed not to go into p@h but he dragged me in, and doc was in the adoption bit paws against glass pleading to me, the assistant foolishly offered for me to look though warned he couldnt be handled, he melted in my arms nipped and mounted my arm how could i not i kinda missed all the amourous behaviour from biggles :lol: for which he didnt show to gorgous beth i knew i had to nab her quick being so pretty :oops:

I found Indi and Phoenix online - looked really gorgeous, Lucy and Becky86 had put really lovely descriptions of them up. despite being in Herts and them in Walsall and no bunny run, i couldnt resist, even though it was 3 hours drive each way. when i met them they were just so tiny and cute, such lovely markings and quite friendly and cuddly.

Now i love them individually for different reasons. Phoenix is a total snuggler and just melts under your hand whenever you bend to stroke her. everyone calls her the "pretty one" because she's a bit smaller and more delicate than Indi and has spots rather than splodges, and is friendlier. But Indi is smart and funny, very nosy, explores everyhting and everyone thoroughly! She is a master at stealing food, hates hands as doesnt like being picked up, but loves it if you lie on the floor with her. she holds one ear back since her head tilt but it just makes her cuter! she also gets new spots every now and then!

Hubby and I had been talking and researching getting housebuns for 18 months but he decided (and still insists :censored:) he doesn't want the hay in the house. A friend of ours was neglecting her bunny (teenage daughter got bored...) and we somehow agreed that we would take her. I was insistent I didn't want an outdoor bunny but I couldn't leave her there so we got her. Of course she needed a friend. We took her on a date to a local rescue and she bonded instantly with the first bun she met. We picked him because he was the least likely to get rehomed (no front teeth, red eyes).

I suppose we didn't actually choose either of them. Huppie is lovely because she loves to have her nose rubs. She is quite aloof though and has turned out to be extremely dominant :roll:

Rambaldi is lovely because he is so adventuorous, he is extremely curious but at the same time scared of everything - a very silly and amusing combination!

Emma

Back