• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive Failed :o( UPDATE post 28 :o)

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Stayed at home today to try and bond Ronnie and Lola. This was my 2nd attempt.

Started off well, Ronnie was constantly humping Lolas head. Then they sort of settled down. She was trying to nudge him all the time as she wanted him to groom her, but he kept turning and biting her :( Every time she tried to move, he was there, nipping her. Lola seems fine, she was grooming herself, and him too :? The final straw was, Ronnie tried to hump her properly, she literally turned and there was just a mass of fur flying, the were rolling round all over the floor and i had no choice but to seperate :(

When i seperated, Lola was breathing so fast and heavy, she lay in my arms for around an hour, so i guess she was very stressed.

Ive failed yet again :( I swear it isnt meant to be

Last edited:
You havent failed.
Could you get someone else to try bond them? Do you think its cos there your babies or is it really not meant to be?

Hugs huni xx

Lots of people have offered to help me, but Ronnie doesnt travel well so im a bit reluctant.

The thing is, we have a mesh divide in the lounge, and the last week or so they have been cuddled up against the mesh, with Lola trying to groom him through the mesh :?

I just didnt think the rolling round on the floor with a big mass of fur so you could hardly see them was 'normal' and i thought any minute now we'll be heading for the vets :?

i feel a complete failure, the OH is on at me aswell because they really need to be bonded soon, as he wants the lounge decorated. Argh i can only do so much :(

Hmm, did you do it on neutral space? I know them been house buns is hard.

Do you have anybody near by that could help so that you wouldnt have to travel. I would offer but im hours away.

I know what you mean about been on floor, when i saw Amstel and Bo do that it was awful...

Awww hun you poor thing. Maybe it would be best to try bonding in your garden as its totaly netural and it would mean Ronnie not having to travel(when it warms up). I am more than happy to come and help you if you like. Im no expert at bonding but I know support is a big help. Just let me know. You havent failed hun. I feel for you as I know last time was an awful experience id hate for you to go through that again.

We literally used a whole bottle of white vinegar in the hallway, we restricted the space by the front door so they literally only had a 3ft x 4ft square, i was obviously planning on extending it as the time went on :( We never got that far :?

So yeah, it was neutral, and it still stinks in here from the vinegar :roll: Hope we dont have visitors tonight :?

I may have to book them in at the bunnery as planned, its £90 but obviously isnt guarenteed :? So i could be paying the £90 for them to come home as singles :? xXx

Hmmm..I use a puppy pen when i bond and sometimes have to make it smaller.

I know what you mean about paying the money and then loosing out in a sense.

Id do it but im so far away :(

Could you keep one as a house bun and pair the other up with a new bun? :)

Awww hun you poor thing. Maybe it would be best to try bonding in your garden as its totaly netural and it would mean Ronnie not having to travel(when it warms up). I am more than happy to come and help you if you like. Im no expert at bonding but I know support is a big help. Just let me know. You havent failed hun. I feel for you as I know last time was an awful experience id hate for you to go through that again.

Thank you hun :) They do have a shed to move into once bonded, its all ready and waiting down the garden for them :? So if they never bond, we could have 1 shed bun and 1 house bun. Though shed bunny would be lonely. Gawd its so hard! Why arent bunnies less confusing?!?

Could you get the "shed bun" a friend?

Match them up at a Rescue if you get me, so you know its going to work? :)

Hmmm..I use a puppy pen when i bond and sometimes have to make it smaller.

I know what you mean about paying the money and then loosing out in a sense.

Id do it but im so far away :(

Could you keep one as a house bun and pair the other up with a new bun? :)

I bet thats whats going to happen :( I personally think Ronnie is the problem :? I think Lola would bond easily with a more laid back bunny :? Ronnie is very 'hot headed' Hes always on the go, whereas Lolly just lazes around all day :roll:

I really want them to bond, and i will pay the money if needs be, but if it didnt turn out after the £90, i think the OH would be moving me down the shed :roll:

I know you'd help if you were closer hun *Hugs*

Could you get the "shed bun" a friend?

Match them up at a Rescue if you get me, so you know its going to work? :)

Thats exactly what id do. Shed bun, which would be Lola, would go speed datinbg at Aunty Chloe's ;) Unless i had a single foster bun in

Thank you hun :) They do have a shed to move into once bonded, its all ready and waiting down the garden for them :? So if they never bond, we could have 1 shed bun and 1 house bun. Though shed bunny would be lonely. Gawd its so hard! Why arent bunnies less confusing?!?

Think positive they will bond. Like I said just ask and ill come and give you a hand. It would prob be best to wait a little while to let them calm down a bit.

Think positive they will bond. Like I said just ask and ill come and give you a hand. It would prob be best to wait a little while to let them calm down a bit.

Yeah... Lola is very stressed still :( Ronnie is still running round like a mad man :? Would you be willing to sleep over Shell? :lol::lol: :oops: Only joking ;) xXx

Alls not lost then if you have to take this route. Maybe Ronnie just wants his mommy all to himself :love: :love:

Nooo alls not lost!! I couldnt part with either bunny now :shock: :oops: Another bunny isnt another option yet, as we'd have to work out if we could afford it etc.

Ronnie is very jealous of Lola :? I'd say she craves bunny attention though. I shall try again in a few weeks :? xXx

Nooo alls not lost!! I couldnt part with either bunny now :shock: :oops: Another bunny isnt another option yet, as we'd have to work out if we could afford it etc.

Ronnie is very jealous of Lola :? I'd say she craves bunny attention though. I shall try again in a few weeks :? xXx

Well dont do it alone hun im only round the corner. You only have to say the word.:)

hey Becky! sorry to hear about the bonding trauma! Grumpy Ronnie :roll: I really hope you can get them together - a small run in the garden might work out (when the weather is better) rather than the house? then they can go into the shed and away from the house that they recognise and might be territorial over? Someone should make Feliway for bunnies??!! (maybe they do but i've never heard of it!).

If it doesnt work then sounds like Lola and a friend in the shed and Ronnie the house baby, i mean bunny, would be the best solution. But i reckon it will work, eventually!

hey Becky! sorry to hear about the bonding trauma! Grumpy Ronnie :roll: I really hope you can get them together - a small run in the garden might work out (when the weather is better) rather than the house? then they can go into the shed and away from the house that they recognise and might be territorial over? Someone should make Feliway for bunnies??!! (maybe they do but i've never heard of it!).

If it doesnt work then sounds like Lola and a friend in the shed and Ronnie the house baby, i mean bunny, would be the best solution. But i reckon it will work, eventually!

I hope it works eventually, i think it just needs someone more experienced than me :) I do hope it will work, because OH is moaning about the house being trashed :lol: :? :oops:

If they get sent away for bonding, the would come back and go straight into the shed :D I think the house is the main problem with the little thug Ronnie :roll:

I hope it works eventually, i think it just needs someone more experienced than me :) I do hope it will work, because OH is moaning about the house being trashed :lol: :? :oops:

If they get sent away for bonding, the would come back and go straight into the shed :D I think the house is the main problem with the little thug Ronnie :roll:

Maybe he associates the house with the last bun to bun experience he had, he may take a while to trust another bun after his big fall out with his bro. If only they could talk. :lol: :lol:

Back