• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my fosters: Bessie

SophieM

Warren Scout
Hello everybody :wave:.
I wanted to make a special post about one of my lovely foster bun Bessie.

She came to rescue at Chloe's (fat fluffs) quite a while ago, about mid august 08 if I remember well. She was very overweight at about 4.7kg where she should be about 3-3.5kg, I can remember my schock the first time I picked her up. Since then she had to have a bit of cosmetic surgery on her dewlap and go on a drastic diet. Through all that and the loving care of Chloe, she has now lost her excess weight but is still on watch so she does not put any back.

She is a lovely and affectionate big black bunny who loves playing and munching grass in the garden (don't think we will need to mow the lawn!) and comes running to us. She even gets up on her back legs and gives me kisses when I call her and go lower to her level :love:. She is also rather easy to handle for a big bunny and very accepting of cuddles (so hard on us :lol:).
The only thing with her is that she is not exactly keen on other bunnies, even though I am sure that if the right one comes along she would be fine, as I think she was secretely smitten with our previous foster Monty who is now happily gone to live in a fantastic new home, but she is veeeeeery picky.

I absolutely love to have her here with me, but I think that gorgeous Bessie deserves to find her own new home as she has been in rescue too long.
I add a few pics of how she was when she arrived and how she is now (she is going through a big molt though so the pics don't show her as beautiful as she really is.
CIMG0447.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

Isn't she :love::love:

She is looking gorgeous now! Bessie has been with us a long time and really needs a home of her own. We would like her to find one with another bun but if the right indoor home came along we would be willing to consider rehoming her as a single bun as she is more of a people bun than a bunny bun!

:love::love:

How old is she?

Bessie was left to the rescue as a stray, but she has been estimated to be between 1-2 yrs old. Also I forgot to say that I saw her first binky with me on the week end :love::love:, she likes to run in the garden. Actually, she likes to run everywhere with you wherever you are :D.

:shock::shock: wow what a difference! and such a stunner! :love: sure someone out there wants a snuggly housebun! :D

:wave: Hello Bessie, my you look fabulous darling :lol:

I was very nearly in the divorce courts over this bun - she had an overnight stay in the ensuite which I omitted to mention to John :lol::lol:

Bessie told me this morning that she wanted to go back on the top of the posts and be admired again :D, she is a little attention grabber!!

Back