• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is megan pregnant?

megan our doe seems to be very swollen and seems pregnant,but is showing no signs of nest making,I am pretty sure she has not had contact with our buck ,but was in hospital for a few weeks where others let them out etc,do you think this is a phantom?she has had a litter and was nest making frantically,if her tummy seemed swollen

if there was a chance shes had contact with a buck id treat this as a pregnancy give her a nest box etc. and see if anything pops out :shock:

have you thought about getting your buck neutered? this way you can bond him and your girl together and their wont be any more pregnancys :)

I remember when my 'female' turned out to be male and had gotten my other female pregnant, she started making a nest about 12 days before (i thought it was phantom) and she changed it almost everyday and pulled loads of fur! 2 days before she didnt eat as much and was a little restless and then she had her kits first thing in the morning, i woke up to find her with 5 baby bunnies.
Unfortunately Thumper had gotten her pregnant again as i didnt get to him in time and i remember the week before her due date i was rubbing her tummy lightly to soothe her and i felt a kick and i could feel them moving around, it was so amazing to feel them inside her (but i did be very careful not to push down and hurt her or the kits)
She made a nest 4 days before this time and ate more for the last 3 days. I was cleaning my room at about 6 on the Thursday night and heard her make a noise and had a look in her cage (kept it cover to give her peace which she really liked) and she was giving birth, got my mum and sister and bf in to watch from a distance and we counted her babies 1......2......3 and that was her took all of 2 minutes :D:D:D

Sorry long post thought i would share my experience :oops::oops::oops:
As i said before they pull fur and make a nest from 12 days before the birth and my bunny ate less first time and more second time.
You cant really tell unless she has been near a male :) Good luck :D

thanks ,unfortuately our beautiful,beautiful ,boy buck died last tuesday:cry:,so we are now left with two girls and a guinea,I think i will have to wait and see she seems content today ,xxxthanks for your advice

Back