• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new additions

mashpotato

Young Bun
have been thinking for a while about giving Peppa a new friend and also our ferret Sam a friend. well at the weekend we found a male albino ferret of a similar age to Sam who was neutered at a ferret rescue not to far away and they got on well so we bought him home. Then had to pop in pets at home for a new ramp for their cage. well there was the usual few buns and guinea pigs for sale and this one beige and white lop in their adoptions bit. But try not to buy any pets from there and we were just looking for a ramp.
Well today had to pop back to get a flea spray as male ferret was kept outside so just wanted to be safe and other half, rob, says and ask about the adoption bun. Was quite shocked as he never wanted any pets in the first place and moans if i ever mention getting some. So we asked and he's a male found in the shopping centre over the road 5 days ago. So Rob was really hapy to take him, would have prefered to go to a rescue but at least we can give him a good home, and Peppa gets a boyfriend.

Peppa is usually quite violent towards other animals, if the ferret walks past she tries to strike her. So Rob just opened the box, by the way we named the rabbit George, and Peppa ran straight over sniffing him. They've been following each other around, Peppa runs off and checks his following her. Will definately have to get him neutered though as he wants to hump her and she doesn't agree. Going to keep an eye on them all afternoon and seperate them when we go out in case anything fighting happens.

have been thinking for a while about giving Peppa a new friend and also our ferret Sam a friend. well at the weekend we found a male albino ferret of a similar age to Sam who was neutered at a ferret rescue not to far away and they got on well so we bought him home. Then had to pop in pets at home for a new ramp for their cage. well there was the usual few buns and guinea pigs for sale and this one beige and white lop in their adoptions bit. But try not to buy any pets from there and we were just looking for a ramp.
Well today had to pop back to get a flea spray as male ferret was kept outside so just wanted to be safe and other half, rob, says and ask about the adoption bun. Was quite shocked as he never wanted any pets in the first place and moans if i ever mention getting some. So we asked and he's a male found in the shopping centre over the road 5 days ago. So Rob was really hapy to take him, would have prefered to go to a rescue but at least we can give him a good home, and Peppa gets a boyfriend.

Peppa is usually quite violent towards other animals, if the ferret walks past she tries to strike her.
So Rob just opened the box, by the way we named the rabbit George, and Peppa ran straight over sniffing him. They've been following each other around, Peppa runs off and checks his following her. Will definately have to get him neutered though as he wants to hump her and she doesn't agree. Going to keep an eye on them all afternoon and seperate them when we go out in case anything fighting happens.

Errrrrrmmmm sorry to pour cold water on things but there are a few things that make me :shock:

1- AFAIK a stray animal has to remain unclaimed for 7 days before it can be rehomed.

2-I am not in the least bit surprised that Peppa charges the Ferret. Rabbits are prey animals, Ferrets one of their natural predators. So if the Ferret lives in close proximity to Peppa poor Peppa must be living in a permanent state of stress :cry:

3- If Peppa is unspayed then its obvious what'll happen if George is put with her. Even if she is spayed she will have even more stress from George's endless humping.

I would strongly advise you to get George neutered before ever leaving him with Peppa. I would also advise that the Ferrets are housed in an entirely seperate environment to the Rabbits and that the two species never ever encounter one another.

the ferrets are housed away from the rabbit in a different room, we don't let them play together, the rabbits are shut in the kitchen if the ferrets come out. But Peppa has met Sam she tried to strike at first but then calmed down and was fine about being in the same space, actually going over to smell the ferret. The ferret has never been used for rabbiting and has no interest in the rabbit what so ever doesn't even want to play with her. Peppa likes to strike first, shes attacked Rob several times, if you've seen my rabbit attack post she even pierced his eyelid with her claws.

Peppa is spayed thats why we let them meet, and we're contacting the vet to book George in. Because his not done and they've only just met thats why we're not leaving them together, so we can see if they get too stressed and seperate them. We're borrowing an indoor rabit cage of the in laws to house george in until his been done then they can live together in the kitchen.

As with regards to animals being unclaimed for 7 days you'd have to tell pets at home as in that case they shouldn't be able to sell them, i didn't know there was a rule for that.

The vets can take him in tomorrow and castrate him so they should be able to be bonded properly in a few weeks when his hormones have settled.

Last edited:
Back