• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burying a pet

im sorry to ask what is probably a very simple question... but ive got to bury Dora today and i just dont want to do it :cry: i just hate the thought of her in the cold ground :cry: should i wrap her with something.

its been a very long time since ive had to do this, i was on autopilot at the vets when she slipped away and i couldnt bare the thought of leaving her in a strange place (stupid i know as she isnt really there)

there is an area out the front of our house which is concrete but with a hole in the middle and a bush... my husband has suggested putting her there as its the only place we have due to the garden being redone soon.

i apologise for the very simple post but i just dont know what to do and she is on my mind all the time

When i had to put my last bun Buffy to rest in the garden i wrapped her in a towel. I know it is so hard my heart goes out to you :(

Awww its so sad isnt it.

I had both mine cremated as i felt like you couldnt bare the thought of putting them out in the ground..

But we did recently bury our Hamster Mickey. We left him in his bedding, with some hay and placed him in a box :)

So sorry for what you are going through. Maybe put a faveourite towel or rug around her?
Will be thinking of you :(

i am so sorry hun :(

we had one of our past buns cremated and the one we buried we wrapped up in a towel ( i think, i was only young at the time) and put him in a shoebox as he was a tiny little nethie :(

i think i'd probably wrap her in a towel or a blanket.

again i am so sorry :(

I know how you feel, we just had to do this for Rory last Tuesday :cry:
We wrapped him up nicely in a towel so he'd always be warm and so he wouldn't get soil in his eyes or on his fur :cry:
Hugs xxxx

So sorry about your loss :( When I had to bury my rabbit, sooty, last year, they gave us him in a cardboard box from the vets, that was decorated like a little coffin for him, and wrapped him in a towel.
My heart goes out to you xx

So sorry for your loss :cry:

When my lovely Joey went to the bridge :cry: he came from the vets in a cardboard box that must have been made for these sad times.

He was already wrapped in a towel, so I just put his favourite toy in the box with him. We then buried him in my MIL's garden and planted a cherry tree for him.

Don't like to think about it but when I sadly loss Alfie or Bugsy I want them cremated so I can keep there ashes.

Back