• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Graham and cuddles

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have had my bunny Graham for about 3 months now and when we got him he wouldnt be picked up at all and hated being touched. He would run away as soon as we tried to stroke him.

Well tonight he sat for an hour on my other halfs lap enjoying lots of attention and cuddles! It has taken some hard work but im amazed at how different he is now!

I would have taken a piccie but we didnt dare move to get the camera!

how did you get him to this stage...bean is very friendly and will be stroked and cuddled for ages on the floor but will never jump on you for cuddles! Would really like him to. He will join us on the sofa but always sit on the arm of the sofa to be stroked...never sits on us. :cry:

Im not sure really! He just eventually started doing it. Neutering him helped alot.

Every time he jumped onto our knee we were giving him treats and now he jumps up all the time looking for food! Tonight is the first time he has settled there, he usually gets bored when he realises u dont have anything to eat!

I would feed him everything by hand and stroke him as he eats it. Only give him the next bit of food if he lets u touch him. And be patient, it doesnt happen over night but its so worth it when they come round!

Yeah Bean lets us cuddle him all the time and also he nudges our hand when he wants more strokes and cuddles. He will also nustle up to us on the floor. I am just being selfish and want him to sit with us whilst we watch TV!! :roll:

Yeh ive been wanting the bunnies to sit with us for ages! Ours are both still quite young and into everything so dont tend to sit still for very long! Our other bunny Strawberry is too busy trying to climb on my head to want to sit on my knee!

sounds just like bean. Whilst we have been watching Lost he has been bounding round the house jumping from cushion to cushion and has now just put his paws on my leg as if to say 'oyyyy I am still here'. He will also give us a gentle nip if he wants to get on the sofa and then we all have to move up!!

Back