• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People's advice on another two?...

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Ok, a few weeks ago i put a thread on here showing my new 7 foot double hutch with access to the patio area when im in. The think is, im wondering if you think, space wise, there would be room for a small pair (maybe nethies?) that could be bonded with my current outdoor pair. What does everyone think? The query isn't anything to do with money, its if there would be enough space, and the possibility of bonding two pairs together.

Any advice welcome! (unless your name is Kayj, cos she'll say 'no more lisa', and i don't really want that to be the answer!!! :lol:) Oj Kay; you know i love you x

Lisa x

I think you should stop at what you already have. Your main priority should be your buns that are already there.

All my buns are rescue and they are the main priority in my life. They have all my time before and after work and have all the love, cuddles and attention they could ever want. My point is, there are so many bunnies out there needing homes with lots of love and if I have the time, money and space to provide a home for a couple more in need, I would like to do that :D

I have my four in an 8x6 shed with permanent access to 9x7 run. You have almost the same hutch floor space as the shed so should be OK - my four do like to have their own space and get away from each other now and then. Bonding my four was a real task, partly because I have one diva of a girl bun. It took months for it to settle and was pleased to have the extra space the shed provided to be able to do this in. Some of the time I had to have the buns in the shed but separated so they could see each other. It is better to bond two pairs then trying to make a 3some. So it is possible to bond the four, but it does depend on the personality of your bunnies, and whether you have the space and time to go ahead with the bond especially if you have a diva like my Phoebe.

Only you know if you are giving each pet the time and attention it deserves.Yes there are so many bunnies needing homes if you feel that strongly why not start a rescue?

I could not possibly start a rescue as i have a full time job and definitely wouldn't have the time and funds or space for that. But i am simply asking for opinions on whether people feel like i would have enough space to accomodate another two. I have four rabbits in the house and two outside; and all of them get plenty of love and attention and anyone who knows me, knows this to be true.

I could not possibly start a rescue as i have a full time job and definitely wouldn't have the time and funds or space for that. But i am simply asking for opinions on whether people feel like i would have enough space to accomodate another two. I have four rabbits in the house and two outside; and all of them get plenty of love and attention and anyone who knows me, knows this to be true.

dont worry this person is only on to annoy people by the looks of it or to be rude as they have posted on other threads:(

I have my four in an 8x6 shed with permanent access to 9x7 run. You have almost the same hutch floor space as the shed so should be OK - my four do like to have their own space and get away from each other now and then. Bonding my four was a real task, partly because I have one diva of a girl bun. It took months for it to settle and was pleased to have the extra space the shed provided to be able to do this in. Some of the time I had to have the buns in the shed but separated so they could see each other. It is better to bond two pairs then trying to make a 3some. So it is possible to bond the four, but it does depend on the personality of your bunnies, and whether you have the space and time to go ahead with the bond especially if you have a diva like my Phoebe.

ha ha! It isn't something i would rush into cos i know how hard a threesome is from experience :roll: and obviously my priority in the ones i have at the moment. This idea is in very early stages and i am hoping to get some advice on larger groups as at the moment all mine are in pairs. Mt two bunnies outside at the moment are very chilled - this would not be a possibility for any of my other pairs as in both pairs I have one bossy and diva-ish bunny, and one of them (my Twink) looks surprisingly like you Phoebe... :) Maybe its the black and white thing eh?? ;);)

dont worry this person is only on to annoy people by the looks of it or to be rude as they have posted on other threads:(

Thanks for lettin me know that chick! I was sat here tryin to keep my temper so that's reassuring to know!!!! i just wish they'd go and play on someone else's thread. Im just looking for some constructive advice that's all, not for someone to question my commitment to my bunnies. :D

:D WOW yes they do look similar! It sounds like it could work well if you have nice chilled out buns. I love having my four - go for it I say :D keep us informed of how you get on, love seeing pics - when it happens

Thanks for everyone's advice. I just want what's best for the rabbits i already have as well as the ones im maybe yet to get! ;)

Thanks everyone :love::love::love:

Hiya:wave:
Id say go for it, you do a great job looking after your 6 so far, im sure the another 2 wouldn't be much more for you and would free up two places in rescue, and the buns in the link are gorgeous!:love:!
Go for it :D x

I would advise you to keep things manageable and allow the two you already have to have the use of this spacious hutch, than put another two in it.

NO MORE​

IS ADVICE YOU NEED​
:lol::lol::lol::lol:​

You're sooo mean!!!
Mods...please remove...im offended! OJ!! :lol::lol::lol:

Kay...id banned you from this thread for good reason! Ha ha!

Im a good bunny mummy...and Missy said its boring just having one boy to play with (don't tell Bobby though!)

Back