• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Mini Mee' Rabbit hutch on ebay. Could i report?

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Theres a rabbit hutch on ebay at the moment, its 2ft :roll:

Ive messaged the woman saying it isnt suitable, and shes changed the description to 'temp accomodation' :?

Can i report to ebay? Im a bit confused with the reason to report? Or should i just forget it :(

xXx

I don't think she's breaking any ebay rules so I don't think reporting it will do anything. At least she's changed the description, most people would probably either completely ignore you or tell you to :censored: off!

she could describe it as a shelter not suitable for accom... but you know she won't as shes likely not to sell x

Didnt report in the end :( I couldnt find a valid reason to report it :(

Its unbelievable, some poor bun will end up living in there.

It has bids too :roll: It'd be good for an aviary style run i guess, as a shelter. the doors could be removed and the bun might be able to get its bum in if its lucky :lol: :(

I complained directly to the company selling this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sherwood-Delu...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

It measures 78cm by 78cm they replied and told me that they had spoken to the RSPCA and that there is no such thing as minimum hutch guidelines :censored: They are selling for £90 as well, the cheek!

Its bad isnt it? :( People will buy the hutches though thats the thing. Before i knew about rescues etc i bought Lottie from a pet shop, and bought a hutch which i 'though' was good enough. It was lovely to look at, but it was only 4ft :( It cost us over £100 aswell. Then i discovered proper rabbit care, and had to smash the old hutch up :lol:

People think buns are toys that the thing :( I hope it changes in the future

It measures 78cm by 78cm they replied and told me that they had spoken to the RSPCA and that there is no such thing as minimum hutch guidelines :censored: They are selling for £90 as well, the cheek!

That's just not true! The RSPCA always used to have national guidelines, the last I saw they had annoyingly taken the dimensions off but had stated that a rabbit should be able to take 3 hops and lie in any direction. A hamsterabbit may be able to do that in 78cm but any other rabbit wouldn't!

I have seen recently people citing RSPCA size guidelines again though so maybe they have published some new ones. I hope so.

Back